Jackx429

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
So a couple days ago I just out of the blue got a p0139 code.

well I did some reading and saw that this isn’t the biggest deal, so I just flashed again with the disabling option for this code added in KTuner.

This resulted in TONS of issues within a half hour of driving around. My car kept getting misfires and going into limp mode upon accelerating from a stop. I’d be in 1st or 2nd gear and then mid boost, everything would just die and I’d be coasting until I could pull over and restart my car.
The worse of it happened when I got that issue combined with a power steering light, sport mode disabled, track control, and emissions lights. Car was operating normally otherwise.

I pulled over and hooked up my laptop and found misfires in all 4 cylinders and a separate code for multiple misfires.

I’ve since reflashed back to the tune I had before making the code disable change, and things are alright except I still have to original p0139 code for slow O2 response.

2017 SI with cobra PRL intake. TSP stage 1 race tune, clutch masters 450 stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel, ss clutch line, BOV.

these mods have been on the car for months without issue. I’ve checked all my plugs and they’re fine, ambient temp 75 degrees, same fuel I’ve been using since I got the car. 93 octane. I can’t figure out why I’m having such issues.
Sponsored

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
So a couple days ago I just out of the blue got a p0139 code.

well I did some reading and saw that this isn’t the biggest deal, so I just flashed again with the disabling option for this code added in KTuner.

This resulted in TONS of issues within a half hour of driving around. My car kept getting misfires and going into limp mode upon accelerating from a stop. I’d be in 1st or 2nd gear and then mid boost, everything would just die and I’d be coasting until I could pull over and restart my car.
The worse of it happened when I got that issue combined with a power steering light, sport mode disabled, track control, and emissions lights. Car was operating normally otherwise.

I pulled over and hooked up my laptop and found misfires in all 4 cylinders and a separate code for multiple misfires.

I’ve since reflashed back to the tune I had before making the code disable change, and things are alright except I still have to original p0139 code for slow O2 response.

2017 SI with cobra PRL intake. TSP stage 1 race tune, clutch masters 450 stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel, ss clutch line, BOV.

these mods have been on the car for months without issue. I’ve checked all my plugs and they’re fine, ambient temp 75 degrees, same fuel I’ve been using since I got the car. 93 octane. I can’t figure out why I’m having such issues.
It’s either a issue in the tune, Bov, or one of your o2 sensors or bad. I would think bov because these care aren’t designed to run with aftermarket vent to atmosphere. Bov makes the car run kinda shitty in between shifts too probably could of made the o2 sensor freak or go bad.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Please say bye bye to the BOV. Thank me later.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
No, your O2 sensors/hardware isnt bad. It has to do with the tune itself. Likely the BOV is messing with the a/f computer readings with its exaggerated blows. I agree with above.

OP
OP

Jackx429

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
It’s either a issue in the tune, Bov, or one of your o2 sensors or bad. I would think bov because these care aren’t designed to run with aftermarket vent to atmosphere. Bov makes the car run kinda shitty in between shifts too probably could of made the o2 sensor freak or go bad.
The BOV was one of the first mods to go on though, it’s been on for almost a year with no issue. I’ve heard of them causing some problems like you’ve all described, but would it really take that long for a problem to show?

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
The BOV was one of the first mods to go on though, it’s been on for almost a year with no issue. I’ve heard of them causing some problems like you’ve all described, but would it really take that long for a problem to show?
Yeah it definitely could. The part may be dirty or may have straight out failing components of the system inside it.
My recommendation if you want loud Bov sound go HKS ssq4 and Motec Stand-alone Ecu. If you don’t want Problems, put factory one back on and retune.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Jackx429

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Yeah it definitely could. The part may be dirty or may have straight out failing components of the system inside it.
My recommendation if you want loud Bov sound go HKS ssq4 and Motec Stand-alone Ecu. If you don’t want Problems, put factory one back on and retune.
See this is why I keep all my stock parts. Yeah I’ll likely be doing that in the next day or so.

OP
OP

Jackx429

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Please say bye bye to the BOV. Thank me later.
Update:

I’ll be thank you all now. Before I even retuned, throttle response, turbo lag, and low end torque were all noticeably improved. I also got a slightly nicer exhaust note. Exhaust fumes still smell a little rich, but not nearly as much. Maybe I’ll have a small shot at passing emissions come inspection time.
Sponsored