Playstation 5 - who got one, who's trying to?

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just got my replacement unit back. Had to send my original one in due to GPU issues.
My replacement unit is working as intended :) No more artifacting!
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
The trick is to go by your local Best Buy and ask when they get trucks. On that day stand out side 2hrs - 3hrs before opening.
Standing in line/camping is so pre covid LOL. I have a few bots (I use it for hyped sneaker/streetwear release mainly) and it does the rest for me.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
For anyone that wants to get one...

The trick is to go by your local Best Buy and ask when they get trucks. On that day stand out side 2hrs - 3hrs before opening. I did this for both my PS4 and our Wii.

If you are are married bring your wife with you and have her buy one too (or a friend). Then turn around and sell it exactly for what you bought it for and not a penny more to show the scalpers out there that some people do have a kind heart. Or if you can afford it... give it away.

I bought a guy that I gamed with a lot his PS4 when it came out because I knew he couldn't afford it. I didn't want him getting left behind on PS3. He cried when he received it in the mail.
I'll add, for those who prefer to order online, here's my tips and what worked for me:

Get on Twitter and follow these accounts (and any others who post restock alerts that you may come across):

Honda Civic 10th gen Playstation 5 - who got one, who's trying to? Screenshot_20201220-200814_Twitter

Make sure to turn notifications on for each of them (little bell icon on their page). They are not on by default. Then just keep an eye on your notifications. You'll get a lot that aren't actually restock notifications, just a heads up. And jump on the link whenever someone posts one. Create accounts at all the big retailers beforehand and input all of your shipping and payment info, so you're ready to check out as quick as possible when there is a restock (seconds count, when they sell out so quickly).

Walmart seems to be the only one that actually announces their restocks ahead of time. For the others, unless you have the time and energy to just sit at websites and refresh all day and night, you're at the mercy of waiting for the Twitter folk to send out a tweet saying it's in stock somewhere.

PS Direct has been a good source for a lot of people's scores. And they ship quick (free expedited shipping for PS Plus members, too).

FK7DEMON

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I have one and the styling reminds me of our cars lol.

Smoother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
I plan on getting one but I'll probably wait until the new Madden game comes out this year. It's pretty much all I play anymore.