playing music from USB stick- can it be paused?

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
When playing music form a USB stick or thumb drive, is there any way to pause or forward into the songs?
I didn't see any options, I figured I ask, maybe someone figured it out.
EX-T with touchscreen radio.
thanks
Sponsored

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
When playing music form a USB stick or thumb drive, is there any way to pause or forward into the songs?
thanks
I don't see it. I used that feature a lot in my Dodge.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
thanks
You can't pause music with the USB drive, but if you hold the forward button, you can skip parts of a song. Only way to "pause" music on a USB is to turn it off. Not sure why they didn't include this as other sources (ipod, bluetooth) let you pause the music.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
You can't pause music with the USB drive, but if you hold the forward button, you can skip parts of a song. Only way to "pause" music on a USB is to turn it off. Not sure why they didn't include this as other sources (ipod, bluetooth) let you pause the music.
Are you saying you can fast-forward and rewind, or just skip to the next song? First (and last ) time I fiddled with it I had no fast-forward or rewind.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Are you saying you can fast-forward and rewind, or just skip to the next song? First (and last ) time I fiddled with it I had no fast-forward or rewind.
Did you try holding down the forward button? That should let you fast-forward within the song.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
I wish they'd quit putting HD radios in cars. It used to drive me crazy when my wife's '13 Escape would go in and out of HD constantly. I was pleasantly surprised the Civic didn't do that... until the last several days. And now it's doing it pretty much all the time. :banghead:
I don't see it. I used that feature a lot in my Dodge.
I went from a Dodge Dart 8.4 Uconnect system to a Civic and can concur I also used that feature a lot in my Dodge. Unfortunately you can't do anything in the Civic but turn the audio off. The Uconnect system is the ONLY thing FCA does better than Honda right now. I do really miss the easy navigation of the music on a usb drive. Honda could easily improve this with a software update but it appears they really don't care at this point. The Honda infotainment system is really a downer in this car.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
The only way that I've found to pause USB music is to turn the "power" off.

To advance to the next song, use the button pad on the left side of the steering wheel.

OP
OP

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanks for confirming this.
Trying to recall...i think all of my prev cars with touch screen had that function.
Our VW and Chevys had a pause button, also on the Volkswagen when I muted volume it also paused the song, or when a phone call came in and answered via Bluetooth it also pause whatever song was playing from USB.
If this radio is Android based. It should be easy for Honda to come up with better audio software.
We need to collectively complain. or wait for a 2019 radio that hopefully will have volume and tune knob and swap it.
Sponsored