Plain vs black powder coated intercoolers?

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all,

I know the silver vs black powder coated intercooler can be a little controversial at times but I just reached out to Mishimoto asking if there is any difference in performance between the silver version and the black powder coated version of their intercooler and their response was there is no difference. I like the black one because of it's lack of logo/stealth look, but am concerned it may not perform as well as the plain silver one.

Would anyone with more knowledge on intercoolers be willing to chip in on this topic along with Mishimotos response claiming there is no difference?

Thanks!
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
AFAIK the silver is also powder coated isn't it? I have the black one an works very nice, dont't be afraid.

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AFAIK the silver is also powder coated isn't it? I have the black one an works very nice, dont't be afraid.
Oh that actually makes a lot of sense and hadn't occurred to me as a possibility for whatever reason.

Does the black one show rock dings easily? Or does the powdercoat not chip or wear from them?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Not so easy, I usually drive on clean roads tho. The fins are also very resistant and don't bent easy.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
it'll perform fine, I painted my prl black and it works fine as it did unpainted maybe a degree difference if that.

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it'll perform fine, I painted my prl black and it works fine as it did unpainted maybe a degree difference if that.
Bro, you're a legend with these replies today

Lpskate21

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe (FC3)
Country flag
I also ordered the mishimoto black intercooler that will be arriving in two days. Does anyone know if this comes with a stencil for a white M logo? Thinking a red logo would also look sick as my cars theme is black and red

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I also ordered the mishimoto black intercooler that will be arriving in two days. Does anyone know if this comes with a stencil for a white M logo? Thinking a red logo would also look sick as my cars theme is black and red
I asked them if it did before buying my prl and they said no but they can send you one if needed I’m like well why not just include it?... lmao
Sponsored