Places to Track you car in So Cal? Suggestions (LA, Orange County, San Diego area)

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm trying to find a track that has like a regular track day and does not cost an arm and a leg to get track time or require that you have some racing license or verified experience. I am just looking for a place to get on it a bit but not drive super crazy like I'm Cole Trickle in Days of Thunder or anything. Just a place to speed legally for a little while.
Sponsored

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
The only place I know in OC doing events is PureTrack at Angels Stadium. Looks like all events are cancelled until further notice.

https://www.puretrack.net/

Not sure if they are doing any events in SD at the old Chargers stadium.

Really your only option in SoCal is Willow Springs Raceway or sometimes there are events at Auto Club Speedway. Going to autocross my Civic this Sunday, but just heard it might be cancelled again for the 3rd month in a row.

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Chuckwalla - around 200
Fontana - around 200
Buttonwillow - around 150-200
Streets of willow - prolly the cheapest. You can find events for around 100 bux

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm trying to find a track that has like a regular track day and does not cost an arm and a leg to get track time or require that you have some racing license or verified experience. I am just looking for a place to get on it a bit but not drive super crazy like I'm Cole Trickle in Days of Thunder or anything. Just a place to speed legally for a little while.
Generally you'll want to look up some clubs that rent the track for track days. The track itself usually doesn't put on their own events other than test sessions--they mostly rent out the track and maintain the facilities. Most clubs welcome beginners and they usually offer instructors. I strongly suggest having instruction the first time out. Your experience will be much better, you'll learn how to drive faster, and your car will be safer. I am not really familiar with how they do instruction during the pandemic though.

Example clubs that I have driven with:
speedventures.com
speeddistrict.com
nasaproracing.com

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

MisterNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm looking to hit up Auto Club with Speed Ventures sometime, if anyone is interested in going in the next few months ?.

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm scared lol, I've only ever done Streets of Willow (CCW). Are you going to be running in the beginner group? I may consider...
I run intermediate or intermediate high depending where they place me. I’m actually taking my s2000 for this event.

MisterNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I run intermediate or intermediate high depending where they place me. I’m actually taking my s2000 for this event.
This will be my first time in my Si. When I had my AP2, that's when I went to SOW. I'll consider going though, but I'll be in the beginner group for sure.
Sponsored