SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Coupe. 2018 JL Rubicon. 1988 K5 Blazer
Country flag
Not to turn this into a political discussion, but I'm a bit of a Libertarian as well, as for me both Dems and Repubs are full of it (I am not registered with either party). It's true taxes are high here but I grew up here, love the weather. I own two houses here, a townhouse and a Single family, both have appreciated to a point where I could sell my two bedroom townhouse and buy 2 X 5 bedrooms in San Antonio and still have $500K left over. Maybe when I retire Texas looks good. but just to be clear, not of California is expensive, only the big cities, although that is changing

Congrats on the house, there is nothing like owning your own home
It's my second home (sold my first and moved to Dallas to shorten wife's commute), but you are right, nothing like it. Texas is the same way as far as city goes. The house I sold, and the house I bought are roughly the same size. The price/sqft is double based mostly on location. Dallas Co. aint cheap!
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Its already ruined! lol. Houston housing market is ridic! flyingpiggie we shall allow but the rest can stay in Cali.
Ha ha ha we need to come out there and buy up everything! I have a townhouse I bought in 2005 for $400K, today I could easily sell it for $1.2M and buy 4 houses out there! But seriously, not all of California is expensive, its mostly the big cities like LA, San Jose and SF. But that is changing here as well, even the areas that were considered cheap (sub $150K) are now becoming expensive

SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ha ha ha we need to come out there and buy up everything! I have a townhouse I bought in 2005 for $400K, today I could easily sell it for $1.2M and buy 4 houses out there! But seriously, not all of California is expensive, its mostly the big cities like LA, San Jose and SF. But that is changing here as well, even the areas that were considered cheap (sub $150K) are now becoming expensive
You can come buy everything but you won't see those kind of returns in TX. I did sell my first house for 100k more than I paid in 2008 though. It helped with the pain when buying the house in Dallas.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can come buy everything but you won't see those kind of returns in TX. I did sell my first house for 100k more than I paid in 2008 though. It helped with the pain when buying the house in Dallas.
I would not buy as an investment, but purely to live. It would be paid off, as I would use the cash from selling my townhouse. For cash flow I would buy a second house or a duplex etc. and rent it out for income. Our companies VP of finance moved from Arlington Texas in 95 and kept his house and gets income from renting it out. I don't know about Dallas, but I know in San Antonio rentals are not that different from Los Angeles, maybe a few hundred less

SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I gotcha, man we hijacked the heck out of this thread. Sorry OP.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
I gotcha, man we hijacked the heck out of this thread. Sorry OP.
i blame myself as i told that guy to move to texas lol!

but bless up those who conceal and carry.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i blame myself as i told that guy to move to texas lol!

but bless up those who conceal and carry.
When I lived in LA I used to conceal...I just didnt let the cops know! Yeah, I'm also sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a whole new discussion. I will shut up from here on in

Flyingpiggie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2016 MX-5, 2008 Si
Country flag
Its already ruined! lol. Houston housing market is ridic! flyingpiggie we shall allow but the rest can stay in Cali.
I honestly think about moving, it just sucks because what i do for the government, i am kinda tied down to where i am and they pay me a decent amount to live kind of confortable in Cali

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
I honestly think about moving, it just sucks because what i do for the government, i am kinda tied down to where i am and they pay me a decent amount to live kind of confortable in Cali
i fly out to LA/OC 4-6 times a year to see my best friend out there. I cant get enough of that weather over there. boy i love it. but i dont know how yall deal with the traffic and shit laws AND 91 OCTANE FOR A RIDIC PRICE. but enjoy that cali for me my good man.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i fly out to LA/OC 4-6 times a year to see my best friend out there. I cant get enough of that weather over there. boy i love it. but i dont know how yall deal with the traffic and shit laws AND 91 OCTANE FOR A RIDIC PRICE. but enjoy that cali for me my good man.
The traffic in SoCal sucks for sure. Hey, come out to Northern Cal, where the average price of a house is $1.1M...but no conceal carry, unless you consider the trunk concealed

Armedrodgery1276

First Name
anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020
Country flag
So I just leased a 2020 civic sport. I was wondering if any one had any recommendations on screwing a phantom quick draw mount underneath the steering column? I plan on buying the car so I don’t care about a fee just curious if I’m going to screw into one of the 47 computers on board.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The traffic in SoCal sucks for sure. Hey, come out to Northern Cal, where the average price of a house is $1.1M...but no conceal carry, unless you consider the trunk concealed
I had a permit in NY you had to concealed your gun in the trunk unloaded of cause and locked. Funny since I moved to Florida which has a conceal carry law I don’t have a permit and a gun anymore

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had a permit in NY you had to concealed your gun in the trunk unloaded of cause and locked. Funny since I moved to Florida which has a conceal carry law I don’t have a permit and a gun anymore
[/QUOTEt
i had a pistol permit in NY State for several years before I moved out 2 years ago, there is only one handgun permit in NY State and that is a full carry permit, a few counties have “administrative restrictions” on your state issued permit, but the state law is full carry, not unloaded in the trunk or any of that. The worst these stupid counties can do if you’re found carrying against the administrative restrictions is void your permit, no crime, but the state pistol permit law In NY Is full concealed carry, and that’s the only pistol permit they issue in NY.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
i had a pistol permit in NY State for several years before I moved out 2 years ago, there is only one handgun permit in NY State and that is a full carry permit, a few counties have “administrative restrictions” on your state issued permit, but the state law is full carry, not unloaded in the trunk or any of that. The worst these stupid counties can do if you’re found carrying against the administrative restrictions is void your permit, no crime, but the state pistol permit law In NY Is full concealed carry, and that’s the only pistol permit they issue in NY.
Also, it’s a complete pain in the a$$ to get a pistol permit in NY, and it’s no good for NYC, only the state. Get fingerprinted like 3 times, also need to get 3 letters from friends attesting to your good character, attend a full day of education, and then wait 6-12 months for the county judge to sign it, time depending on the county. Then when you buy a pistol, before you can take possession you have to file papers with the county pistol clerk, pay $5-$10 dollars and wait for 2 weeks for the modifications to be made to your permit and mailed back to you, and then you can go to the store and pick up the pistol. It’s a total joke, they basically don’t want people to have them.
Sponsored