turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
Just curious and looking for ideas on where everyone is mounting or placing their firearm while in the car. Im a little bigger than most folks and cant keep it on my hip while driving the car, its a little cramped and uncomfortable lol. When I had my truck, I had a place under the steering wheel/dash area. That place was great, but the dash area on this car is a little to flimsy and Im afraid it wont hold, that and its like a two piece set because of the steering wheel adjuster. So what is everyone else doing or ideas on where to put it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
turbo dragon

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
I don't have one, but with the sizing of the internal housing of the center console, could you possible rig a carrying spot there? I know that you can remove the cup holders/trays that are located there, so if you're like me and keep a fairly large bottle that doesn't fit in them, then they're not even getting used. It has quite a bit of space.

Again, I don't use one, so if that's completely impractical or doesn't make sense, that's why I wouldn't know.
actually, the center console is where I put it now, but its not as easy to just pull it out from under the dash. I may look at the side of the center console and see what I can come up with.

demoPEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2014 Ninja 300 SE
Country flag
I feel like a nice spot would be to retrofit something to the storage cavity where the usb chargers are, in behind the NFC charger - so basically the lower front storage area.
If you could mount some kind of holster there, either soft shell or kydex, something that hangs off the left hand side, I feel like that would be a nice spot. Basically just a slight learn forward with your right hand to deploy.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will be following this thread :). I haven't solved this problem yet, either. As you said, the trim below the steering wheel doesn't seem up to the task of holding my Sig.

The option I planned on exploring was what was mentioned above, positioning a holster where the USB/12v plug is. Seems to be much more sturdy down there and, if mounting works out the way I envision, that opening would make sure your hand isn't blocked by the center console when you go to grab it.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Just curious and looking for ideas on where everyone is mounting or placing their firearm while in the car. Im a little bigger than most folks and cant keep it on my hip while driving the car, its a little cramped and uncomfortable lol. When I had my truck, I had a place under the steering wheel/dash area. That place was great, but the dash area on this car is a little to flimsy and Im afraid it want hold, that and its like a two piece set because of the steering wheel adjuster. So what is everyone else doing or ideas on where to put it.
I live in California, so the trunk....

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

JSPeruzzi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan / 2018 Accord Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I carry a Glock 19 appendix, in an LAS Concealment Ronin 2.0, so it's usually on my body at 1 o clock position. If I do have to put it somewhere, center console is my only option. Under dash plastics aren't really up to the task of a MagBlock, or a mountable holster option.

18Apocalypse

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic si
Country flag
following... in my ram I had a bracket for my aliengear paddle holster.. there just isn't that kind of room in this car..

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
My 9mm fits in the 'map pocket' on the door (except i'm right-handed and that would be a left-hand draw...). If it's not on me, that's where it is... Just remember if you're pulled over for ANYTHING, let the LEO know you are armed and keep your hands on the wheel or out the window...

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
just design a makeshift gun rack and mount it near the rear windshield.. you know like hillbillies and shit do with their pick up trucks..

k757

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic hatch
Country flag
usually transport my 380 in the driver's door pocket. Haven't tried the 9mm yet

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Pocket or hip, just like law enforcement.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You can also try a cross draw holster, but should always be on you.
Sponsored