Pillar Gauge Pods

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone bought or installed the pillar gauge pods yet? Looking for a place to order them. Looking to add the digital boost gauge an A/F ration gauge and maybe one other. any recommendations? Should I get the wideband A/F?
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Anyone bought or installed the pillar gauge pods yet? Looking for a place to order them. Looking to add the digital boost gauge an A/F ration gauge and maybe one other. any recommendations? Should I get the wideband A/F?
Not sure if you knew but i think you have flashpro? It has built in bluetooth and with hondata app. you can have gauges on your smart phone

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if you knew but i think you have flashpro? It has built in bluetooth and with hondata app. you can have gauges on your smart phone
I do have FP, and i forgot about that, but i also like the look of the gauges on the pillar. Just a personal preference

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I do have FP, and i forgot about that, but i also like the look of the gauges on the pillar. Just a personal preference
dont think anyone makes a direct fitment pod yet. You can use the universal ones.

If i were to do gauges, Boost,Wideband w/ a new bung welded on the downpipe and oil pressure (if you must have a 3rd)

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Th
dont think anyone makes a direct fitment pod yet. You can use the universal ones.

If i were to do gauges, Boost,Wideband w/ a new bung welded on the downpipe and oil pressure (if you must have a 3rd)
Thanks for the info sir!

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just note that there is an airbag in that pillar. Pillar gauges look great but I would not want to receive them in the face in case of a crash :/
True, is the whole pillar an airbag or just up top where the pillar meets the roof? I have no idea how that whole process works

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
It's the whole pillar, it is used to cover the side window.
Ya with the entire pillar being a airbag i would do gauges on the lower left. Behind the air vent for the side window.. Sure someone will make something to go there... Or one that attaches behind the pillar and has the gauges on the left side of the windshield..

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

So I used Hondata Mobile this morning but with my phone plugged in for apple car play, my stereo would only go up to 11 on the volume unless i locked my phone and the screen was blank. Is there is bypass where I can have the phone unlocked and hondata running and music playing. I also noticed that now with my screen on anything the music wont play louder than 11.

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just note that there is an airbag in that pillar. Pillar gauges look great but I would not want to receive them in the face in case of a crash :/
Would adding gauges to the pillar really cause the pillar to collide with the drivers face during a collision? Surely the stock pillar is not going to fly into the drivers face during a collision so why would it if gauges were added?

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would adding gauges to the pillar really cause the pillar to collide with the drivers face during a collision? Surely the stock pillar is not going to fly into the drivers face during a collision so why would it if gauges were added?
Im just guessing here, and maybe the gauges wouldnt fly in your face, but I wonder if the added weight on the pillar would affect the performance of the airbag in a deploy event

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
Im just guessing here, and maybe the gauges wouldnt fly in your face, but I wonder if the added weight on the pillar would affect the performance of the airbag in a deploy event
It would definately affect it's performance as the gauges would be in the way. Since an airbag deploy so fast I would not be surprised that anything attached to that pillar would fly out at any direction.

The pillar itself does not fly out as the airbag cut through the cover.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

Nothing should be attached to sonething that does this.....

newsi

First Name
pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda Si
Country flag
i got a dash pod from aeroforce technology along with their gauge. love it. pic of it in my profile
Sponsored