Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle in yesterday, and setup an old phone to use as a dedicated screen for Torque Pro. However, I've found a goodly amount of sensors that don't work (like IAT and coolant temp). I was wondering if anyone had a list of the PIDs for different sensors for Honda?
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I got a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle in yesterday, and setup an old phone to use as a dedicated screen for Torque Pro. However, I've found a goodly amount of sensors that don't work (like IAT and coolant temp). I was wondering if anyone had a list of the PIDs for different sensors for Honda?
I'm in same boat as you, can't get it to work either, according to ktuner they are standard pids

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Download:
TorqueScan (Torque OBD Plugin)
from the Google Play Store. The plug-in is by Ian Hawkins. (You need Torque Pro for plug-ins to work.) The plug-in will scan your PID's to find what's active.

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Download:
TorqueScan (Torque OBD Plugin)
from the Google Play Store. The plug-in is by Ian Hawkins. (You need Torque Pro for plug-ins to work.) The plug-in will scan your PID's to find what's active.
I've seen this mentioned, but haven't tried it yet because I'm lazy AF.

Can you confirm this works?

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude, RAD!!

Thank you!!

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Dude, RAD!!

Thank you!!
I tried it tonight and it still does not work, installed lan Hawkins plugin as recommend and there is no data for Intake Air Temp or Coolant? Even tried running the extended PID and it didn't find any.

OP
OP
odinist

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried it tonight and it still does not work, installed lan Hawkins plugin as recommend and there is no data for Intake Air Temp or Coolant? Even tried running the extended PID and it didn't find any.
Same. The plugin did look to pick up a few things, but IAT and coolant are still dead.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Any other recommendations on this? Still cannot get IAT or any other important readings. Tried iOS and android and several different obd dongles including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

Birga

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6spd
Ironically, I have an old install of Torque from my VW TDI a few years ago on a tablet. The coolant temp works on it.

Coolent Pid: 0167 Equation b-40 auto, that should give you the engine coolant temp sensor. I'll go through the rest later today and post what else works.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Ironically, I have an old install of Torque from my VW TDI a few years ago on a tablet. The coolant temp works on it.

Coolent Pid: 0167 Equation b-40 auto, that should give you the engine coolant temp sensor. I'll go through the rest later today and post what else works.
That's awesome, I was able to get coolant to work on dash command, however cannot get intake temp to work

Birga

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6spd
Okay, IAT is apparently PID 0168, -40 to 300, unit (the little degree symbol) C, b-40. with that I get an IAT of 122F and giving it a bit of throttle it drops to 120F, which with a turbo seems about right.

I'm going to try a range of -40 to 215, and an equation of a-40 later, I'll update if it works better

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Okay, IAT is apparently PID 0168, -40 to 300, unit (the little degree symbol) C, b-40. with that I get an IAT of 122F and giving it a bit of throttle it drops to 120F, which with a turbo seems about right.

I'm going to try a range of -40 to 215, and an equation of a-40 later, I'll update if it works better
I can test any pids or variations you need me too, can you explain what difference a-40 and b-40 means? I quite don’t understand them, also will range make sensor read diff? I thought it was just a dial range? I also have the Auto Scanner so will be able to confirm true readings... I know we have 2 IAT sensors and 2 ECT sensors, see below pic.

Honda Civic 10th gen PIDs for Torque/Torque Pro? 523BC6B5-4650-4D05-B725-FE892C947D29

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag

Also did you test out and get the 0167 pid to work for ECT that was posted here?

Birga

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6spd
Also did you test out and get the 0167 pid to work for ECT that was posted here?
I did the 0167 works, entering a-40 as the equation makes the IAT read -31ish degrees so no good there. Near as I can tell the range is just the numbers on the dial, as to the 'b' and 'a' in equation I don't know but it seems to be absolute or relative numbers from the sensor.
Sponsored