Pictures from the Sacramento auto show

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Great pics thank you. Can't wait to see if the driving impressions hold up to that design and price.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I was trying to get angles and things we havent seen in much detail.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Thanks for posting. So a touring model for every auto show appearance so far. And also same unmatched side bumper grilles.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They had a 2015 Civic LX sitting behind this. so for height comparison I walked up to each, the '16 is quite a bit shorter! I really like it even more now that I have seen it in person. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on one!!

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Someone needs to bring a tape measure to one of these shows :) Ah well we'll know specs on Monday anyway. Thx for the pics. Any other impressions?

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Someone needs to bring a tape measure to one of these shows :) Ah well we'll know specs on Monday anyway. Thx for the pics. Any other impressions?
It isn't like anything we have become accustomed to calling a Civic, it blows the doors off of the 9th gen and I can't wait to drive it, especially the turbo!!

I love the lights front and back as well!

It just looks great, wide and serious stature, looks like it will handle great with the low wide stance.

I have owned a 2002 Civic, 2003 Accord, 2010 Element and currently a '15 CR-V (and a shit load of other non Honda vehicles in between) I have been very happy with all of them, I am quite confident this will not disappoint.

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I think it`s been well established that the unmatched grilles beside the fog lights is due to the radar system hidden behind it for the Honda Sensing features. Don`t understand why everyone is making such a big deal about it...

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Great pix! Thanks.

A dozen years ago I had a POS Ford Focus that I traded in on a Honda. What difference. I thought that maybe Ford's were better by now, but it seems like jdewd250's experience with Ford is just as bad as mine was. If I may ask, what are some of the things that have gone wrong with it or seem low quality?

PS I'm a little surprised the Touring has H-rated tires instead of V-rated like the top trim of the Accord. But when I looked it up H-rated means up to speeds of 130 mph. No one should be driving a Civic, even a turbo, faster than that anyway, and so H-rated seems plenty good enough.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Based on the picture of the tire, are they using something brand new from Firestone?

Can't find anything on a Firestone FT140.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Based on the picture of the tire, are they using something brand new from Firestone?

Can't find anything on a Firestone FT140.
Never heard of the tire either, but looked it up and all I could find is it's categorized as a "Grand Touring All-Season tire"

Grand Touring All-Season tires are for drivers who want a combination of a sophisticated appearance, competent handling and H-speed rated (or higher) durability, along with all-season traction, including in light snow. Grand Touring All-Season tires branded with the M+S symbol are often used as Original Equipment (O.E.) on sophisticated coupes and luxurious performance sedans.

O.E. Grand Touring All-Season tires are typically purchased as direct replacements for worn-out pairs/sets of the vehicle's original tires. They can also be used for other vehicle applications in complete sets of four or axle pairs if available in an appropriate size, load range and speed rating to match the existing O.E. tires' performance category and specifications.