Pics of Civic Hatchback From Studio Reveal

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
It's a 12 speaker system. 5 in the forward deck like normal, rear door mains, tweeter, c pillar mains, subwoofer for 12. Funny thing is that the C pillar speakers are made by Denso like wtf
lol, is that right?

DENSO - making sensors, spark plugs, and...cheap speakers!
Sponsored

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know what the symbol on the phone tray in front of the gear shift is? Induction charger?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of Civic Hatchback From Studio Reveal Capture.JPG
Reference Part #3. They're actually $65.50 each lol but I still question why they just throw in those speakers in the c pillar for the lols from another company when Foster makes the mains, sub and tweeters.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Anyone know what the symbol on the phone tray in front of the gear shift is? Induction charger?
Wireless charger, available as a dealer installed accessory at an exorbitant cost in the US and standard on Canadian Touring and Sport Touring models.

Concept_cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 civic lx sedan
Does anyone know if this will have the 'magic seats' in the rear like the fit and hr-v? If so that would be great for the utility side of it or a pair of shallow-mount subs

Concept_cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 civic lx sedan
No, god damn it people.. If there was Magic Seat, Honda would've advertised it during the European reveal. It also has integrated headrests, that huge hump in the middle, with Sport Touring getting heated seats in the rear. It's also not on the Fit platform where the gas tank is below the driver seat. There has been absolutely no indication that it'll have magic seat and all the logistics in terms of the pictures, design doesn't even make it feasible. End of discussion.
Fair enough. I couldn't see the hump because of the privacy screens we have to use at my job, and I hadn't hear all too much about the hatchback. It just seemed that Last year Honda was making the magic seats one of its big signature features similar to its lane watch system. But either way I'm pretty stoked about the hatchback.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I figured out what those black panels on the back are for: they cover the rocket engines, as seen here in this concept drawing: (obviously I'm kidding the folks complaining about them, I happen to like them):

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of Civic Hatchback From Studio Reveal ima

sanderholland

My Driveway....
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Civic Type-R (EP3, FN2, FK2)
yes - there will be multiple suspension settings
The Civic Tourer (stationwagon) I had, already had that. On the tourer it was only for the rear, for when you had a lot of stuff in the back. You can change it into comfort, normal of dynamic. I had 19 inch Type-R wheels on it, so i normally drove in comfort, because it was already pretty stiff.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honga Magoomobile
I figured out what those black panels on the back are for: they cover the rocket engines, as seen here in this concept drawing: (obviously I'm kidding the folks complaining about them, I happen to like them):
Awesome! - now there's a smart idea for an aftermarket accessory kit that could make it's developer megabucks. Those fake grills could swing open to reveal a couple of mini jet-turbine packs that one sees on experimental airplanes/microlights. They would just about fit in there, only require 12 volts for startup and control (fully fly-by-wire). A small loss of boot space for a tank of diesel or Aviation Kerosene would be a minor problem. And it would bring new meaning to the term 'turbo lag', but the sound at traffic lights would be astounding!

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of Civic Hatchback From Studio Reveal Letectvi_TJ-100_Q9B3148-copy
Sponsored

Last edited: