MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
Looking to see if anyone has or can take a few pics of an Acuity boot collar with the Skunk2 shift knob and the Type R knob. Interested in the mating surface between the collar and knob.
Sponsored

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I have the Type R knob and have the ACUITY collar. The collar comes with two nuts; one for flush knobs, and another for knobs with a boss like the Type R. The Type R knob fits the "Narrow bottom, boss-bottom knobs" configuration shown below. From https://acuityinstruments.com/products/shift-boot-collar-upgrade-burnt-titanium-finish
Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of Acuity Boot Collar Please 1924-k3-10_grande

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of Acuity Boot Collar Please vlcsnap-2018-11-19-15h53m05s086

Disclaimer: I bought the collar for the price listed at acuityinstruments.com The shifter is a prototype supplied by ACUITY.

Last edited:

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got my acuity shift boot collar yesterday and have a skunk2 knob. As soon as I get it on I’ll post a pic here for you.

OP
OP
MeanGreenSi

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
Got it, I used stainless lashing wire I had due to some one else’s suggestion on it to make the boot collar smooth 360

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of Acuity Boot Collar Please 7E3C36C0-28A3-44C5-AB5F-AD209D4D676A

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of Acuity Boot Collar Please 1394FC76-72F4-42D3-9F47-7BB063DD6BB0

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my Stainless Steel one fitted to my 2018 1.5T Sport. I had to modify the factory knob by cutting off the white plastic lugs in order that it sits flush with the top of the bottom collar.

Stephen

Honda Civic 10th gen Pics of Acuity Boot Collar Please IMG_1459

bmaf55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know if these acuity boot collars will work with raceseng sphereolgoy knob?? Thanks

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Here is my Stainless Steel one fitted to my 2018 1.5T Sport. I had to modify the factory knob by cutting off the white plastic lugs in order that it sits flush with the top of the bottom collar.

Stephen

IMG_1459.jpg
WOW, that looks great! Very clean.

Does anyone know if these acuity boot collars will work with raceseng sphereolgoy knob?? Thanks
I believe those knobs are countersunk pretty heavily. Our boot collars need some threads below the knob to stay in place. If you can't see threads below the lowest point of the knob when installed, you can be fairly certain it won't be possible to use a boot collar with it. :(

Love these knobs. Looks great with the collar!

~russ

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WOW, that looks great! Very clean.

I believe those knobs are countersunk pretty heavily. Our boot collars need some threads below the knob to stay in place. If you can't see threads below the lowest point of the knob when installed, you can be fairly certain it won't be possible to use a boot collar with it. :(

Love these knobs. Looks great with the collar!

~russ
I am super pleased with the fit, production quality and most important your brands image. The brand is strong and this can clearly be seen by the amazing packaging. I am pleased to fully support and sell Acuity Instruments components. Hit me up if any of you guys in Europe would like a price....

Stephen
Sponsored