saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
There are numerous threads on this site of idiot drivers I understand that. But this is completely ridiculous on my commute home from work this past three weeks I’ve had at least one or two pickup trucks drivers try to run me off the road .and just to let you know their not young guys their older middle age or retired guys. What is their problem are they on drugs or being bored staying home of retirement that they have to take their anger on the streets with their expensive rolling crap boxes ? I understand there are some that need a truck for work that’s what they are made for. And pickups aren’t as safe as people expect. especially on rainy season in Florida I’ve seen many pickups traveling at high speeds and flipping over because they hydroplane. Pickup are not cars
they are not fast they don’t handle corners their heavy and their gas guzzlers they are made for a purpose haul material and tow. Rant over
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
A truck driver thinks they are kings of the road.. It comes with the territory

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
There are numerous threads on this site of idiot drivers I understand that. But this is completely ridiculous on my commute home from work this past three weeks I’ve had at least one or two pickup trucks drivers try to run me off the road .and just to let you know their not young guys their older middle age or retired guys. What is their problem are they on drugs or being bored staying home of retirement that they have to take their anger on the streets with their expensive rolling crap boxes ? I understand there are some that need a truck for work that’s what they are made for. And pickups aren’t as safe as people expect. especially on rainy season in Florida I’ve seen many pickups traveling at high speeds and flipping over because they hydroplane. Pickup are not cars
they are not fast they don’t handle corners their heavy and their gas guzzlers they are made for a purpose haul material and tow. Rant over

I see a lot of pickup trucks here in SoCal that think they're driving a corvette when it comes to handling and braking. How many times I had to use the brakes suddenly only to see them fly off into the left lane to avoid hitting me.... I actually had one trying to catch me as I was accelerating... the light turns red and I stopped... truck slams on the brakes... skids right through the light and turns onto the curb into the dirt.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I have not been a target of truck guy but i did notice of a trend.

These

Been a year or two since i notice the drivers of these single cab shorty are often douche$hits. Blinding HID lights, tailgate you, heavy foot, wave in n out of traffic, race you out of nowhere.

Honda Civic 10th gen Pickup truck drivers 2014-silverardo

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag

These

Been a year or two since i notice the drivers of these single cab shorty are often douche$hits. Blinding HID lights, tailgate you, heavy foot, wave in n out of traffic, race you out of nowhere.

2014-silverardo.jpg
Yes sir... Duramax, Silverado 2500 & 3500, Powerstrokers... with massive swamp tires and smoke stacks on them that just love stoning everything they drive by!
Honda Civic 10th gen Pickup truck drivers maxresdefault

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

These

2014-silverardo.jpg

See the problem is . Is that some of the pickup truck owners see that their truck has 300+ HP they think they have a muscle car not realizing that the 300+ hp factors loads and towing capacity gearing and weight

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I work in an industrial park and I am constantly cut off by truck drivers pulling out into the road with their big rigs and they just take their time doing it. Its the most frustrating shit I encounter on the road these days.

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I work in an industrial park and I am constantly cut off by truck drivers pulling out into the road with their big rigs and they just take their time doing it. Its the most frustrating shit I encounter on the road these days.
In addition, I live in a small town and ever since I got my Si I have had 3-4 guys pull up next to me in their '04 Silverado's with that Carolina lean and shitty exhaust wanting to race...they never win and I don't understand why they think they would! lol

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes sir... Duramax, Silverado 2500 & 3500, Powerstrokers... with massive swamp tires and smoke stacks on them that just love stoning everything they drive by!
maxresdefault.jpg
Ha that looks like something from Florida

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In addition, I live in a small town and ever since I got my Si I have had 3-4 guys pull up next to me in their '04 Silverado's with that Carolina lean and shitty exhaust wanting to race...they never win and I don't understand why they think they would! lol
Yep they think with a loud exhaust it go’s faster
That’s what they think but in reality NO

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sadly in my area, we have a lot of idiot drivers with normal and lifted trucks, majority of the age range is early 20s to mid 40s.

When they hear my car, they think I’m trying to race them when I’m just shifting normally at 3k. No bud. I’m not even trying.

I’ve had a few race offers and turn them down. They think I can’t take them, but I do that because around here if you get caught racing or doing 50km/h over the limit, you’ll lose your car and license for 7 days and insurance rates will skyrocket or they’ll drop you. Not worth it over a stupid truck driver that thinks his truck is all that:rolleyes:

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What makes me laugh is that a lot of elderly men spend their retirement on a pickup costing 60k-70k or even more on these crew cab 4x4 diesel powered trucks and they spend another 10k on a duel axle trailer and drive around with nothing on the trailer or in the bed of the truck I see this a lot especially in Florida

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lmao this was fun tbh i dont have many issues with people in pickups now 18 wheelers or crossovers yup those are bad.

also not everyone buys a truck to tow or haul something fyi some people prefer them over cars (that would be me btw) or use them for so many other reasons lol

now gas guzzling you aint wrong my truck gets 12mpg buuuut its very heavy with armor and heavy taller tires so its not fuel efficient

but when it comes to handling its a yes and no situation a lowered pickup handles pretty good normally with the right stuff its the same with a lifted truck. my truck handles like a sail boat since it has no swaybars and suspension that has more travel then stock but thats my truck....

i can drive it at speeds with no issues and ive never had an issue in rain with my truck now my car i have ive had some close calls with it

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
maxresdefault.jpg
thats a cummins thou..... and the other truck pictured is a 1500.....

also not many people run super swampers fyi they are not meant for the road now if you are talking about mud tires lots of jeeps and trucks now days come with them because of the new thing called overlanding (basically fancy camping) its blown up pretty big in the past few years and most will run a MT or a AT instead of a standard street tire so when they go offroad they have better traction

ooooor they are a mall crawler and like the look lol

Last edited: