jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Obviously you haven’t driven in the rain in Florida
The roads flood out you have to cut your speed down more than half and I see mostly 4x4 pickups ( because the the moron driving thinks he has traction this also includes SUV AWD and 2wd owners ) clocking at 80 + mph hydroplane sending them off the side of the highway the heavy rain also makes the shoulders of the highway very soft and muddy I’ve seen many 4x4 (and cars) get stuck . I usually put my car in sport mode when I’m driving in heavy rain keeps in lower gears gives me better traction and control of the car . As for the tons of 4x4 in SW Florida I don’t consider housings development and trailer parks the country or farm land actually I see more 2wd pickups at farms. I also owned a pickup a 1981 Ford F100 this was in 1988 it had a 351 Windsor mildly worked 4 barrel holley fireball crane cam ( some others it’s been 30 years) c6 auto with shift kit 9” limited slip with 355( gas guzzling gears gas was cheaper but still) F/R sway bars fatter tires and I had a hell of a time keeping it on the road when it was raining and it was in NY yes you know about trucks so do I and cars to I’ve been driving for 37 years and I’ve driven larger truck . The bottom line is that years ago pickups were the cheapest vehicles you can get but today their the most expensive no matter what anybody says a truck isn’t worth the money auto manufacturers are asking and believe me the mentality of the pickup drivers in Florida is something else
that would be correct i have never driven in florida but ive been a lot of other places and in some very bad weather( the worst was driving through the tornado with my buddy going 75mph to try and get somewhere safe...) but eh bored of that part now

and i agree on the prices of trucks and even cars now days is beyond stupid but thats just life now i guess
Sponsored

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
that would be correct i have never driven in florida but ive been a lot of other places and in some very bad weather( the worst was driving through the tornado with my buddy going 75mph to try and get somewhere safe...) but eh bored of that part now

and i agree on the prices of trucks and even cars now days is beyond stupid but thats just life now i guess
Yeah prices are high but considering a base LX civic comes pretty well equipped other than years ago every thing was a separate option on a car or truck years ago you had a body drive Tran and wheels than you had to fill in the blanks . Most cars today come with power windows A/C and other goodies a base 2021 lx civic would have just as much or more ( talking options)as a fully loaded caddy in1980 ( given a 40year difference)

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
An old friend of mine had a 2015 RAM Sport and that thing hauled ass for a heavy truck. Decent looking truck too. Too bad I was never a FCA fan, they make some nice looking vehicles. I just never trusted their reliability.
They’ve got some good engines with absolute pile of shit tubs built around them. The Rams from the last decade are gaping money pits. Stuff that should never break in the lifetime of a vehicle start to fall apart after 150k miles. The parts are expensive as hell because they’re “special” mopar design.

Fords always need things replaced as well, but at least they’re actual parts that are expected to need replaced. Parts are affordable, plentiful, and every mechanic knows how to work on them. I see Fords last 250k+ Miles all the time if you’re willing to keep replacing actual moving parts that wear out over time. Engines are great, except the 5.4L 3V. Avoid that one.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I drove an F150 for ~3 years and it was the most miserable time in my life. It did come in handy during the multiple moves in that time but it started to turn into a money pit. If I hadn't got a warranty through my bank I would have been out thousands to fix their crap cam phasers and timing chain design. That 5.4 3V is an unreliable turd. Moisture kept building inside the cab and mold was beginning to grow. Had enough, traded it in, loving the Civic.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They’ve got some good engines with absolute pile of shit tubs built around them. The Rams from the last decade are gaping money pits. Stuff that should never break in the lifetime of a vehicle start to fall apart after 150k miles. The parts are expensive as hell because they’re “special” mopar design.

Fords always need things replaced as well, but at least they’re actual parts that are expected to need replaced. Parts are affordable, plentiful, and every mechanic knows how to work on them. I see Fords last 250k+ Miles all the time if you’re willing to keep replacing actual moving parts that wear out over time. Engines are great, except the 5.4L 3V. Avoid that one.
To be perfectly honest this is with a lot of vehicles and not pointing a finger at a certain manufacturer it just seems that Toyota and Honda has their act together. not saying that they don’t have problems but less than most

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Those triton motors were piles of shit lol, every single one I hear on the road has that dreaded ticking time bomb sound. My old F150 I had a 4.6 and that was rock solid. Slow as heck but it was reliable.

The Hemi 5.7 is reliable and so is their PentaStar 3.6 because they've been around for ages. But everything else just falls apart, I totally agree with you. Things that shouldn't. I've never owned a RAM truck but I know anything Mopar has proprietary parts, expensive, doesn't last. The cost of a German vehicle, but without the quality, and has some of the worst depreciation for a vehicle.

Eleon

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have not been a target of truck guy but i did notice of a trend.

These

Been a year or two since i notice the drivers of these single cab shorty are often douche$hits. Blinding HID lights, tailgate you, heavy foot, wave in n out of traffic, race you out of nowhere.

2014-silverardo.jpg
I am entitled as a Mexican American to say that at least in my experience most of those idiots are from the “Tlacuache” crowd. A bunch of 18-22 year olds driving their daddy’s trucks and driving them like they weigh half as much. Idiots man. They don’t understand cars at all and will race a type r just to find out that it was a bad idea and will ponder all day as to why they got beat by something that doesn’t have a v8. Very toxic. Don’t get me wrong I love trucks myself and even drive one every now and then (we have one in the family). But besides a borla Atak exhaust Im not cutting people off or racing anyone or joining “truck clubs” and putting silly stickers on the back window.

On another note, in general, yes, pickup truck drivers especially ram drivers drive like they are compensating for something...

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
There are numerous threads on this site of idiot drivers I understand that. But this is completely ridiculous on my commute home from work this past three weeks I’ve had at least one or two pickup trucks drivers try to run me off the road .and just to let you know their not young guys their older middle age or retired guys. What is their problem are they on drugs or being bored staying home of retirement that they have to take their anger on the streets with their expensive rolling crap boxes ? I understand there are some that need a truck for work that’s what they are made for. And pickups aren’t as safe as people expect. especially on rainy season in Florida I’ve seen many pickups traveling at high speeds and flipping over because they hydroplane. Pickup are not cars
they are not fast they don’t handle corners their heavy and their gas guzzlers they are made for a purpose haul material and tow. Rant over
Way too many idiots on the road. Hence the reason I invested in a dash cam. You can get them for under $100 US and the picture is impressive. Pays for itself even if it means you catch 1 person who is claiming they're not at fault.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I love all the people trying to race me in their V8 trucks who get butt hurt when they get embarrassed. Priceless.

Tuned Civic Power! :thumbsup: :drive:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To be perfectly honest this is with a lot of vehicles and not pointing a finger at a certain manufacturer it just seems that Toyota and Honda has their act together. not saying that they don’t have problems but less than most
New cars are complex with more delicate parts. I believe the 10th gen civic is less reliable than the previous 2 generations for sure.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Those triton motors were piles of shit lol, every single one I hear on the road has that dreaded ticking time bomb sound. My old F150 I had a 4.6 and that was rock solid. Slow as heck but it was reliable.

The Hemi 5.7 is reliable and so is their PentaStar 3.6 because they've been around for ages. But everything else just falls apart, I totally agree with you. Things that shouldn't. I've never owned a RAM truck but I know anything Mopar has proprietary parts, expensive, doesn't last. The cost of a German vehicle, but without the quality, and has some of the worst depreciation for a vehicle.
I drive a 2008 F150 with the 4.6L. It has 272,000 miles on it. Pretty much anything that moves has been replaced on it, but the motor keeps chuggin.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Whatever you do, don't race a diesel truck that's tuned. You will lose.
Yeah they could be fast but you have to take a second mortgage on your house to make it go fast IMO diesel are good for big rigs trains and generators I owned a diesel Jetta the only thing good was the mileage every thing is expensive to fix or replace and that’s going for other diesel power vehicles out there

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Yeah they could be fast but you have to take a second mortgage on your house to make it go fast IMO diesel are good for big rigs trains and generators I owned a diesel Jetta the only thing good was the mileage every thing is expensive to fix or replace and that’s going for other diesel power vehicles out there
Yeah I'm just saying don't race em. Lol. They're fast as hell in a 1/4 and you'll lose. A bolted type r probably stands a chance but it's a waste of gas in an si or lower.