Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
I sometimes drive my 2002 Tacoma to work.
i try to stay in the slow lanes to avoid the A holes driving Civics. LOL

Honda Civic 10th gen Pickup truck drivers 00402FC5-B403-404C-8F4D-386735A7FE61
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sometimes drive my 2002 Tacoma to work.
i try to stay in the slow lanes to avoid the A holes driving Civics. LOL

00402FC5-B403-404C-8F4D-386735A7FE61.jpeg
man that thing would look sick lowered

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
lmao this was fun tbh i dont have many issues with people in pickups now 18 wheelers or crossovers yup those are bad.

also not everyone buys a truck to tow or haul something fyi some people prefer them over cars (that would be me btw) or use them for so many other reasons lol

now gas guzzling you aint wrong my truck gets 12mpg buuuut its very heavy with armor and heavy taller tires so its not fuel efficient

but when it comes to handling its a yes and no situation a lowered pickup handles pretty good normally with the right stuff its the same with a lifted truck. my truck handles like a sail boat since it has no swaybars and suspension that has more travel then stock but thats my truck....

i can drive it at speeds with no issues and ive never had an issue in rain with my truck now my car i have ive had some close calls with it
what I’m stating on this thread is that some pickup trucks owners think they have a sports car being the fact that the truck may have 300+ HP they don’t think of the weight,load and towing capacity comes into play with that 300+ HP and gearing . Obviously you understand the mechanics of a pickup truck.believe me I’ve run into
yahoos down here in Florida that believe there’s nothing better than their Ram Silverado or F250 and they think their king of the road ( that usually ends when rain season kicks in when their truck slides off the road doing 80mph) there another thing I have to add being the fact that I live in south west Florida a see a ton of 4x4 pickups I’ve been here for six years and the coldest it’s gotten is 45 degrees in the winter NO SNOW ! Yes I understand people have trucks for work or hauling as a second vehicle but when you have some morons that get pissed of because they spent a larger mount of money on a vehicle that can’t perform like a car and try to run you off the road
i can’t deal with
btw I used to hold a class B license ( airbrakes) and deliver in the tristate area (NY,NJ,CT) with a 20to25 straight job and I was glad I gave it up

Last edited:

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Last week while driving around Orlando on vacation, sooo many dumbasses with somewhat decent looking trucks, all set up doing that squat crap. Looks so stupid, and completely impractical, well unless you want to stare at the sky while driving. Seriously have no clue how they don't get pulled over, since the driver can't have much visibility at all.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what I’m stating on this thread is that some pickup trucks owners think they have a sports car being the fact that the truck may have 300+ HP they don’t think of the weight,load and towing capacity comes into play with that 300+ HP and gearing . Obviously you understand the mechanics of a pickup truck.believe me I’ve run into
yahoos down here in Florida that believe there’s nothing better than their Ram Silverado or F250 and they think their king of the road ( that usually ends when rain season kicks in when their truck slides off the road doing 80mph) there another thing I have to add being the fact that I live in south west Florida a see a ton of 4x4 pickups I’ve been here for six years and the coldest it’s gotten is 45 degrees in the winter NO SNOW ! Yes I understand people have trucks for work or hauling as a second vehicle but when you have some morons that get pissed of because they spent a larger mount of money on a vehicle that can’t perform like a car and try to run you off the road
i can’t deal with
btw I used to hold a class B license ( airbrakes) and deliver in the tristate area (NY,NJ,CT) with a 20to25 straight job and I was glad I gave it up
sigh there are a lot of sport pickups or muscle trucks as they are called and you can make them perform really good but you have to put a lot of effort in.

now if you are talking about hp weight and load i imagine you are talking about someone towing a trailer yes? if thats the case you will always have someone driving to fast with a trailer......... tbh ive never understood that because all that added weight just pushes you forward when you try to stop even if you have a trailer brake system...

also trucks with larger sidewalls will handle rain waaaaay better then a car with loprofile tires normally if it rains hard here i park the car and take my tacoma i can be cruising goin 75-80mph without issues and never slip or hydroplane but thats my truck.

and yes you all dont get snow down there so having 4x4 might seem silly but if someone works out in the country or likes to go offroading/camping they are most likely going to buy the 4x4 model it cost more but it will hold a value more then a 2wd truck and is more useful for any kind of situation that might show up

and this last bit here saying they spent a lot of money and are unhappy the truck dosent perform like a car so they run you off the road? that doesnt make sense in the slightest man...... now if they have road rage issues then they will do it in what every type of vehicle they want. like out here its more crossover things and 18 wheelers and the occasionally suv hell on tuesday a bmw sedan tried hitting me because i wouldnt race him.... (either he was dunk or something but he was all over the road and wouldnt leave me alone so i had to jump off the freeway)

now i understand what you mean by the rant on being bullied on the highway by larger vehicles i get that but the rest is pretty silly tbh man..... i doubt they are thinking they have a sports car they prob just drive fast like well the rest of us in this world and some people are not so safe about it and prob shouldnt be driving.....

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last week while driving around Orlando on vacation, sooo many dumbasses with somewhat decent looking trucks, all set up doing that squat crap. Looks so stupid, and completely impractical, well unless you want to stare at the sky while driving. Seriously have no clue how they don't get pulled over, since the driver can't have much visibility at all.
dont get me started on the cali lean guys........... they are a special breed and in some states it is now illegal to do it i wish it was illegal all over because it looks dumb af

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Tho I don’t drive it much anymore the ole truck will still put in some work in more ways than one. And 11 mpg lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Pickup truck drivers E92E00B9-3CA2-4816-A479-D0FD0F34C0E8

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
You’d be surprised how capable some of the new pickups are.

The newer superduty Fords with the 6.7L Diesel have some serious torque and get like 25-30 mpg. The turbo pushes 35-40 PSI!

Hemi can put down some serious power in 1st and 2nd gear as well.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tho I don’t drive it much anymore the ole truck will still put in some work in more ways than one. And 11 mpg lol

E92E00B9-3CA2-4816-A479-D0FD0F34C0E8.jpeg
2" drop?

not a dodge fan but that looks dope man

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The newer superduty Fords with the 6.7L Diesel have some serious torque and get like 25-30 mpg. The turbo pushes 35-40 PSI!

exactly a lot of companies are getting these trucks with good mpg i mean hell who would have thought a jeep Rubicon on 33s could get 25mpg!! thats wild lmao

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
2" drop?

not a dodge fan but that looks dope man
3/4.5“ drop. An yea I’m not much a dodge fan anymore either lol

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3/4.5“ drop. An yea I’m not much a dodge fan anymore either lol
ahh looks nice man

haha ya im mainly an import type of person but i do like some domestics ive been eyeing that new bronco as a possible replacement for my Tacoma lol

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

An old friend of mine had a 2015 RAM Sport and that thing hauled ass for a heavy truck. Decent looking truck too. Too bad I was never a FCA fan, they make some nice looking vehicles. I just never trusted their reliability.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
also trucks with larger sidewalls will handle rain waaaaay better then a car with loprofile tires normally if it rains hard here i park the car and take my tacoma i can be cruising goin 75-80mph without issues and never slip or hydroplane but thats my truck.
Obviously you haven’t driven in the rain in Florida
The roads flood out you have to cut your speed down more than half and I see mostly 4x4 pickups ( because the the moron driving thinks he has traction this also includes SUV AWD and 2wd owners ) clocking at 80 + mph hydroplane sending them off the side of the highway the heavy rain also makes the shoulders of the highway very soft and muddy I’ve seen many 4x4 (and cars) get stuck . I usually put my car in sport mode when I’m driving in heavy rain keeps in lower gears gives me better traction and control of the car . As for the tons of 4x4 in SW Florida I don’t consider housings development and trailer parks the country or farm land actually I see more 2wd pickups at farms. I also owned a pickup a 1981 Ford F100 this was in 1988 it had a 351 Windsor mildly worked 4 barrel holley fireball crane cam ( some others it’s been 30 years) c6 auto with shift kit 9” limited slip with 355( gas guzzling gears gas was cheaper but still) F/R sway bars fatter tires and I had a hell of a time keeping it on the road when it was raining and it was in NY yes you know about trucks so do I and cars to I’ve been driving for 37 years and I’ve driven larger truck . The bottom line is that years ago pickups were the cheapest vehicles you can get but today their the most expensive no matter what anybody says a truck isn’t worth the money auto manufacturers are asking and believe me the mentality of the pickup drivers in Florida is something else

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
An old friend of mine had a 2015 RAM Sport and that thing hauled ass for a heavy truck. Decent looking truck too. Too bad I was never a FCA fan, they make some nice looking vehicles. I just never trusted their reliability.
I don’t trust any US auto makers vehicles their unreliable had my civic EX-T coupe for 3 years now not a single problem ( knock on wood)
Sponsored