Picking intake

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
200$ picked up 250$shipped

OP
OP
Angus

Angus

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Gonna be a couple days before I get it installed. Idiot me ordered the one for the standard Civic, not the SI. The MAF doesn't fit. Gotta send the MAF housing back and get it swapped out.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Good choice with the PRL. I have the PRL SRI and I love it. Regarding the heat soak, I saw little to no difference in IAT2 temps pre and post intake install.

3cyltrbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si / 2013 Civic Sedan Si / 1998 Acura Integra Type R / 2001 MR2 Spyder / 2001 Honda Acty / 1992 Mazda AutoZam AZ1 / 1996 Daihatsu Midget II / 2010 Toyota Vitz(Yaris) / 1990 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint / 1997 Suzuki Cappuccino / 1999 Daihatsu Mira TR / 2004 Suzuki Swift Sport
Country flag

bwandan

Bwandan
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rallye Red Type R
Country flag

Made a video on how the K&N sounds! I love mine! Maybe this will help you make a decision

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I don't hear anything ... I presume that is why one is for sale in this very thread. My apologies ...

JonnyUtah

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just bought and installed the Mishimoto PAI and couldn't be happier. I live in a hot, humid area and no heat soak issues so far and the boost noises are WONDERFUL!

About 20 minutes to install in front of auto zone and I'm off driving like a retard to hear noises!

OP
OP
Angus

Angus

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Finally got it installed. Sounds awesome! Dude I work with has a 2018 Subaru WRX STI. He put an intake on his, also. He sounds a lot meaner on the highway, but when revving it at a stop my SI sounds WAY better. Still sounds good when running through the gears. Didn't notice any power gains to speak of, but the sound of the intake along with the resonator delete is just what I want. Enough to notice, but not to much to be obnoxious.
I did have one issue just now. Ran the bank deposits for work to the bank and when pulling out going from 2nd to 3rd, felt an immediate power loss and the dash light up like a Christmas tree. Hill assist, brake assist, steering assist, emission and stability control all came on. Took it back to the shop and threw his OBD reader on it. Also threw a port 1 to lean and one other code. He cleared them out for me and I took it for a run. So far, so good.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Others have reported the same ... it's normal ... the ECU will learn over time. Disconnect the battery. Step on the break to release all elec energy. Wait 20 min ... re hook up battery ... good to go! Enjoy! I am envious ... I have run out of money and have to put on the breaks! I am in the process of a move to another state NY BLOW ... run from the north east!

OP
OP
Angus

Angus

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
ECU light came on again. Does anyone know if this is something I am going to have to get tuned, or will it clear itself?

GrimSi710

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Civic Economy, 05 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
here’s a sound clip of my car with the PRL cobra CAI with street MAF

GrimSi710

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Civic Economy, 05 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
ECU light came on again. Does anyone know if this is something I am going to have to get tuned, or will it clear itself?
I have heard several people say that short ram intake throws cel every now and then, I did the CAI and have been driving it over a week with an invidia r400 cat back and haven’t had any dash lights or cel’s

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
No you should not have to.

You need to be daily driving with slow building half pulls while increasing throttle through the revs. Little more by little more until the computer learns all the fueling needed.

Sounds like you installed the intake and just started ripping it. That's not how these cars work most of the time.
Sponsored