First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome! You made a great choice! I loved my Si for the three years I had it. Only the Type R lured me away - and in some ways the Si was-blasphemy coming- better. As in better mileage, sunroof/moon roof, heated seats, more passenger capacity, longer lasting tires and wheels, and a smaller turning circle.
A brilliant driving experience, different from the Type R, but worthy in its own right. And better in the rain than most awd cars. And it rotated nicely on turns, and was easier to master in general. The Type R has higher limits - but I got to a point where I felt I was finally squeezing most of the performance out of the stock Si, and it was responding predictably and magnificently. It will be a much longer time before I get there with the Type R. And will require track time to even approach that level of oneness. So enjoy!
Sponsored

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
Well you hit the nail on the head OC dealers didn't want to move on the price much and Gardena was eager to sell it.
Same issue here when I purchased my Si Coupe in October, every dealer was unwilling to work with me on a price and every car was loaded with dealer add ons. Ended up buying when one dealer reached out 3 weeks after I started shopping and met my OTD price with all fees and taxes of $26,250.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While not as limited as the Type R, there are not a ton of SI's out there on dealer lots. That said, when I bought my Si in Aug 2017, they were very good on pricing, actually the SI itself was more like $ 22-23 K before any TTL etc. In case you think that was just them, this same dealer now regularly has an ADM of $ 5-10K on any Type R's they get in. The SI is worth full MSRP. But I would not pay a markup.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Welcome! You made a great choice! I loved my Si for the three years I had it. Only the Type R lured me away - and in some ways the Si was-blasphemy coming- better. As in better mileage, sunroof/moon roof, heated seats, more passenger capacity, longer lasting tires and wheels, and a smaller turning circle.
A brilliant driving experience, different from the Type R, but worthy in its own right. And better in the rain than most awd cars. And it rotated nicely on turns, and was easier to master in general. The Type R has higher limits - but I got to a point where I felt I was finally squeezing most of the performance out of the stock Si, and it was responding predictably and magnificently. It will be a much longer time before I get there with the Type R. And will require track time to even approach that level of oneness. So enjoy!
You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you. Very kind of you to say that.
Sponsored