Picked up my car yesterday! (Crystal Black Pearl Touring)

cktx8388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Picked up my car yesterday! It's been super overcast here in Dallas, so I only bothered with taking one pic. I'll definitely post more once we get a sunny day.

Give me a week to get adjusted before I post an in depth review. But I'll give you guys my first impressions. This car is leaps and bounds above what I had in my 8th gen civic. I'm by no means saying that it's a luxury level car on par with an Acura or a Lexus. But it's much closer to that quality of product than a starter vehicle that civic has been in the past.

Driving quality is excellent, the engine is very responsive and quiet unless you floor it. Weirdly enough, I felt like I had better acceleration from my 8th gen. But looking at the numbers this car is clearly the faster of the two. I going to chalk that up to less noise coming from the car throwing off my perception. I definitely like the lane keeping system, my only warning is not to become over reliant on it and think you can drive the car hands free, I had one occasion where the car wanted to follow an exit instead of staying on the highway. The adaptive cruise control works as advertised, as it's set up now I think it breaks a little early for my taste. But I think that can be adjusted in the settings.

The infotainment system is easy to jump in and use, it feels more "smartphone" like than any other I have had use in the past. The on board GPS system is also very easy to use. I especially like that upcoming turns are displayed under the tachometer, it may not seem like much on paper but its a lot easier and probably safer in traffic to get your directions that way rather than having to focus on the map screen. I still like waze better in general, but I'll have no problem using the on board one too.

A few of things I don't like... The rear window is a lot smaller, rear visibility is smaller than I'm used to, but that's an easy adjustment. The driver side mirror is a larger problem to me, they've added something called expanded view. I don't know the specifics on how it works, but it's supposed to give you a better view of the blind spot. However it feels like I'm looking into a bifocal lens and I'm having a hard time focusing on it every time I look into the mirror. I'm also not sure I'm on board with the apple car play system. I had a hard time figuring out how to switch back to the radio after using it to play Spotify, and once I did it feels like it could be done an easier way. Siri is also less than helpful when trying to compose a text. But that's the phones fault more than the car. The system is a great idea in theory, and between me catching up to the curve and future updates I'm sure it'll become easier to use. But as of now I'm leaning towards disconnecting it and just using the bluetooth connectivity.

That's all I have for now. I'll post more as I think of things to talk about and feel free to ask me questions as well.
Sponsored

Attachments

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Congrats! I've noticed in much more "refined" vehicles it tends to feel a lot slower than you are actually driving, before you know it you're doing 90 on the freeway. It's good and bad when they make it quieter and more comfortable to drive. Certainly takes away from some of the edge of your seat excitement when driving, but I'm sure some of that will be engineered back in for the Si and up.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
before you know it you're doing 90 on the freeway.
We should have a thread about people getting tickets in their new Civics. Driving it home from the dealer I didn't realize how fast I was going, luckily neither did any cops.

Congrats on the new car cktx8388!
Sponsored