Picked up my 2016 Civic today

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Are there options for easily modding a headliner.
Don't know if that is DIY friendly or not, especially knowing that the factory headliners fit perfectly anyway. To colour match you would also have to replace the door pillar trim. Doesn't seem economically feasible. To get an aftermarket one, you risk fitment, and getting a alcantara or a leather headliner just seems tacky for a Civic.
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Don't know if that is DIY friendly or not, especially knowing that the factory headliners fit perfectly anyway. To colour match you would also have to replace the door pillar trim. Doesn't seem economically feasible. To get an aftermarket one, you risk fitment, and getting a alcantara or a leather headliner just seems tacky for a Civic.
Yeah looking into it I realized that. Nothing's perfect I guess.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
The ivory headliner is fine, just looked at one at the dealership and I like the lightness up top even with the rest of the model I looked at being black.

That said I do have a line on headliners - Looked at the Acura TLX to purchase not long ago and liked the car, found the color we liked and the interior with the espresso leather was great! Then you notice that the leather is brown, the dash and trim are black, and the headliner and pillars are GREY! Looks awful, and once you've seen it you cannot unsee it. Even the salesman agreed once I pointed it out as he'd never noticed before.

See this pic for example:

Honda Civic 10th gen Picked up my 2016 Civic today upload_2015-11-12_19-41-46

Grey, black interior, looks fine, and with tan they match the headliner. WTH with the one above though!? That was a big heck no from my wife lol. We did not purchase a TLX.

Honda Civic 10th gen Picked up my 2016 Civic today upload_2015-11-12_19-43-22
Honda Civic 10th gen Picked up my 2016 Civic today upload_2015-11-12_19-43-52
Honda Civic 10th gen Picked up my 2016 Civic today upload_2015-11-12_19-44-43

Attachments

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
Just leased my 2016 civic EX today. I originally was gonna go silver but after seeing the white...I had to go white. It drives fantastically. Picking it up in a few days.

I saw the white touring while I was there and that thing looked amazing. Too bad it's out of my price range.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Just leased my 2016 civic EX today. I originally was gonna go silver but after seeing the white...I had to go white. It drives fantastically. Picking it up in a few days.

I saw the white touring while I was there and that thing looked amazing. Too bad it's out of my price range.
Congrats! Why couldn't you drive away with it today?

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
Congrats! Why couldn't you drive away with it today?
They have been selling all their stock as soon as they got them. Thankfully the white pearl model is already on its way from Alliston so I will only be waiting a couple of days max. But if I went the lunar silver route they said I'd have to wait until the backhalf of December unless they can find another dealership to trade with.

OUCH on that wait time. It may only be a thing with the silver model though. They had a white touring but not EX. I think if I wanted Modern Steel I would have walked away with one. Classy colour in person but the white is the most exciting to me. Seriously the white touring is somethin else with those wheels, chrome handles, turbo tag on the side, etc..

OP
OP
Kevin35623

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
So after 10 seconds it just stops making corrections for you? I kinda wondered about this....if I'd fall asleep and wake up a state or two away.
It does stop until you start making corrections then it will start again

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got my EX last night in the gray. I had a 2013 in gray so I wasn't a fan at first, but it has grown on me since I got it.

The whole car feels much better than my 13 EX. I thought about getting the Turbo but I wasn't interested enough to spend the extra money.

Got below MSRP for it and a good value on my 13 trade in.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And I have one comment to the people that miss the volume knob. Once you get used to swiping the vol control on the steering wheel you won't miss it. That feature is great.
Agreed, I have a volume knob on my Pilot that has been used less than a dozen times in over 7 years.

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed, I have a volume knob on my Pilot that has been used less than a dozen times in over 7 years.
I'll also agree - took a few minutes to get the swiping down but I much prefer that over a knob after having the car for a few hours nowm

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords

what's the difference in payment? 50$ a month?

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
what's the difference in payment? 50$ a month?
More like a $100-$150 a month difference, considering there's about a $5k disparity from an EX 2.0 to a Touring Civic.

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords
More like a $100-$150 a month difference, considering there's about a $5k disparity from an EX 2.0 to a Touring Civic.
yeah that's a lot more than i thought. Cool cool. enjoy the civic. I saw just the EX trim and it looked amazing. If i had to get the LX, i would still be happy, but just for the apply play it's worth the price of admission, as i get lost all the time.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
yeah that's a lot more than i thought. Cool cool. enjoy the civic. I saw just the EX trim and it looked amazing. If i had to get the LX, i would still be happy, but just for the apply play it's worth the price of admission, as i get lost all the time.
Lol, yes, Apple Car Play is very cool. I love this feature and how it transforms your Infotainment system. That being said, I would still be happy in an LX, especially with the 6 speed. And the unique gauge cluster for the LX is very cool. Same as the one in the Honda S660 in Japan.
Sponsored