alanabrown

First Name
Alana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring and 2016 EX-T
Country flag
Hey guys. So I have a 19 civic sport hatch and usually when I wash, I do the 2 bucket method, I think I’ve only taken it through an auto wash once when I was sick. Lately I’ve been working so much that I only have time to wash maybe once every 1-2 months. I just washed and noticed on this piano black piece surrounding the fake vents that there are these weird water mark or stains? What could be used on it to bring it back to its glossy state? It’s hard to notice from even a couple feet away but, you know, it’s the little things that get ya. Thanks in advance
Honda Civic 10th gen Piano Black Issue 35644601-FF76-4FD3-ABD0-AA819FBD33CE
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Try Plast X first

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i deal with them on my grille, you should use what phy said above^

i don't know if i used that before specifically but i used some sort of plastic cleaner that cleaned the water spots off my grille w ease

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I use a product called plexus. It’s made for cleaning/polishing plastic motorcycle helmet visors. Most motorcycle stores sell it. Works great on glossy black plastic finishes.

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
After the car is clean, use some detailer spray to clean the plastics (you can also use diluted isopropyl alcohol) and get em shiny, then I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray, makes it super shiny and gives it a light ceramic coating too. You can wax plastic, but it's hard to get perfect.

Unfortunately, it will scratch eventually. Piano black is awful. I like how it looks when it's perfect, but it's impossible to keep it clean lol.

Shane731

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
My mom has a 2018 EX-L CR-V that has a glossy plastic piece of trim on the front that is prone to splotchy looking “staining,” particularly if I use a bug remover prior to washing. It typically cleans right up with an AIO or cleaner Wax. Just use something with chemical cleaners and mild abrasives and leaves some protection behind.
Sponsored