Do these wipers fit?

• Total voters

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Will it be secure though ? I have the sedan, so I just need the front 2. I had Bosch icons back in the day and they were great, now I rebought them last year and they got incredibly stiff and choppy that I put back in the stock. Disappointed in the change.

Yep. They've been working fine with the rain we have in socal this weekend.

It is a friction fit, a good tug will pull them out.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Will it be secure though ? I have the sedan, so I just need the front 2. I had Bosch icons back in the day and they were great, now I rebought them last year and they got incredibly stiff and choppy that I put back in the stock. Disappointed in the change.
Bought Bosch Icons once. Started only buying fillers after that until I discovered silicone. Haven't looked back since. Just dealing with my stock blades for now, which started streaking less than 3mo after ownership.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Bought Bosch Icons once. Started only buying fillers after that until I discovered silicone. Haven't looked back since. Just dealing with my stock blades for now, which started streaking less than 3mo after ownership.
Yeah the stocks arent the best. Mine streaked after about 5 months. I heard the silicone is good and last a long time. I'm up for trying it. Not doing Bosch again. Not pleased with the more recent purchase.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Curious thing about my stock blades --

I've been using Rain-X on window glass for years. On this car, on the driver's side, the OEM wiper rubs the Rain-X off, but only where the wiper arm attaches to the blade, as if it was pushing with the strongest pressure. It doesn't take long, either -- only five minutes or so. So, I get a sloppy arc of rainwater that's smack in the middle of my field of vision.

Never had this happen with any other wiper blade. I'll go look for a replacement this week.

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Stock blade is garbage in both rubber and design. I've kinna been dealing with it since it hasn't rained much, but I have a set of PIAA ready to install...when I get around to it.

I also have IBEX protection for my windshield which is RainX on steroids that I re-apply every 6mo. I also use RainX, but mainly as a cleaner, supplement, and use on my other windows and mirrors.

The IBEX also covers my interior for spills and damage, as well as additional windshield insurance. Worth the $300 if I ever have to make a claim. But it's awesome, and everything I've dealt with so far just vacuums right out like microfiber protection.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
They fit and they work but they don't clip in quite like OEM.

Also the rear I don't think is 18... Seemed bigger than the rear size.

Also the PIAA refills do NOT fit the SI tech. You need to buy their super silicone or aerovogue wipers for that ability.
Trying to figure out what size is needed for the rear wiper on my Type R. Do you think 16" would fit better than 18"?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Trying to figure out what size is needed for the rear wiper on my Type R. Do you think 16" would fit better than 18"?
I bought a 14" SI Tech wiper for the rear, works great.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Thanks. Do you also have the issue on the front that this person had? Makes me want to just get the replaceable inserts and put them in the stock blades.
What was the issue you're referring to?

I also want to correct my previous post from way back when. The PIAA wipers do click and lock in. I realized the clip built into the wiper on the drivers side broke its locking mechanism. It still stays in and is held in by friction but would pull out if you tugged it down. Doesnt seem like PIAA sells replacements.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. Do you also have the issue on the front that this person had? Makes me want to just get the replaceable inserts and put them in the stock blades.
That's a good idea, or both stock blades and PIAA insert :)
These are the ones I have on mine, though I only see them available in Japan so far, I got them through Amazon JP, do-able, but probably more expensive.
Front Long: SMFR650Front Short: SMFR450Rear: SMFR350

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PIAA Silicone wipers... PXL_20221127_020947186.MP
Honda Civic 10th gen PIAA Silicone wipers... PXL_20221127_020954232

These aren't originals, are they? They work pretty well and I plan on using a glass coating so shouldn't really need to upgrade, but I like the idea of getting the best, so the PIAA silicone blades are tempting.

Last edited:

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I use Honda refill, work great and easy to replace.
I replace once a year . $20 / 2

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PXL_20221127_020947186.MP.jpg
PXL_20221127_020954232.jpg

These aren't originals, are they? They work pretty well and I plan on using a glass coating so shouldn't really need to upgrade, but I like the idea of getting the best, so the PIAA silicone blades are tempting.
These looks stock (like mine), so the blades I mentioned above should work on yours.