Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems like a lot of money to spend on windshield wipers.

Woodydog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback sport touring

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Seems like a lot of money to spend on windshield wipers.
I've used them on my past 2 cars. 4 years on my TL, and 2 years on the GS I had. I've never had to replace either set.

Considering my wipers on my 2 month old CTR are chattering and streaking, that's pretty good. The PIAAs will pay for themselves in a year.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
How do these compare to Bosch Icons?

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How do these compare to Bosch Icons?
I used to use those. They'd last a few months longer than regular blades. If you can find the inserts, they're pretty reasonable.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Can I just buy the PIAA inserts and put into stock Honda?
No. The refills won't fit and are meant only for their super silicone blade and aerovogue wipers. The piaa SI tech is not refillable and one use only.

I wish I knew that last fact when I bought the si techs but oh well. I have em and they wipe better than OEM.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Anyone purchased silicone windshield wipers and can confirm they fit? I'm looking at these...

26" Driver: https://www.amazon.com/97065-Si-Tec...e=UTF8&qid=1522957333&sr=1-1&keywords=PIAA+26

18" Passenger (and Rear): https://www.amazon.com/97045-Si-Tec...e=UTF8&qid=1522957294&sr=1-1&keywords=PIAA+18

Did you buy these above ? I have the EX sedan and have heard about silicone wipers and good reviews. I had the Bosch icons before. The rubber portion started getting hard after about 6 months. I'm in CA as well and the heat kills the rubber. I'm interested in trying these out.

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you buy these above ? I have the EX sedan and have heard about silicone wipers and good reviews. I had the Bosch icons before. The rubber portion started getting hard after about 6 months. I'm in CA as well and the heat kills the rubber. I'm interested in trying these out.
Hah, thanks for the reminder. Just ordered them. Will let you know, but it seems the raining season has passed, and 90+ is upon us. Still waiting for the next rain to treat my yard...

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
They fit and they work but they don't clip in quite like OEM.

Also the rear I don't think is 18... Seemed bigger than the rear size.

Also the PIAA refills do NOT fit the SI tech. You need to buy their super silicone or aerovogue wipers for that ability.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
They fit and they work but they don't clip in quite like OEM.

Also the rear I don't think is 18... Seemed bigger than the rear size.

Also the PIAA refills do NOT fit the SI tech. You need to buy their super silicone or aerovogue wipers for that ability.
Will it be secure though ? I have the sedan, so I just need the front 2. I had Bosch icons back in the day and they were great, now I rebought them last year and they got incredibly stiff and choppy that I put back in the stock. Disappointed in the change.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hah, thanks for the reminder. Just ordered them. Will let you know, but it seems the raining season has passed, and 90+ is upon us. Still waiting for the next rain to treat my yard...
Endless drought here in CA. Looks like we are going for another consecutive year. When it does "rain" it's typically a small enough drizzle to get my car dirty and piss me off, but little else.
Sponsored