Photos of Touring Amp

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC350
Country flag
This is what I have so far on my 2017 Honda Civic Si amp and subwoofer install. I am installinga LC2i, JL audio JX 250/1 amp, and JL audio 8w1v3. I began by removing the battery to access the rubber grommet behind the battery to penetrate my 12v power wire through the firewall (pic included). It was quite tough but patience will be rewarded.
Honda Civic 10th gen Photos of Touring Amp image1

I then removed the kick panel by the passenger door to access the factory amp wires in which to tap my LC2i i(pic included). Now for this, I used the wire diagram above which does have a typo but hopefully we can get that cleared up. However for now I have wired mine as follows Front Right Speaker + A13 (Gray), Front Right Speaker - A12 (Purple), Front Left Speaker + A6 (light blue), Front Left speaker - A5 (light green). I used the front speakers due to some searching I've done claiming these are the best to use to restore full range sound. Also same reason I am using a LC2i rather then an LOC.
Honda Civic 10th gen Photos of Touring Amp image2

I am tapping my remote wire off of the 12v + cigarette lighter socket wire (white) since I feel I will never use it so it shouldnt disturb anything else (pic included). Im assuming you could run off the factory amp power wire, but I was hesitant to in case something shorted on my install side and as a result might effect the factory amp. To access behind the socket I actually just stuck my hand behind the panel where I have a red arrow on the bottom right and push out the panel with the socket and usb connector. It should pop out easier from behind.
Honda Civic 10th gen Photos of Touring Amp image3

This is where I am so far. I will be installing the JL audio bass knob on the slots next to the traction control and mounting amp and sub in truck. I will add info and pics as I go. Hopefully this is of help to you guys. If you have any feedback of something I am doing wrong, Please dont hesitate to let me know.

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How`s going? more pictures?
Actually I did finish this job last week. I can post some pics of the finished job. Unfortunately I did not take many more pics during the install due to time constraints. If there are any questions, I would be happy to try and help answer them. A definite update though I should mention is the factory wiring typos that I mentioned in an earlier post. I believe they were incorrect. Using a 9volt battery test the front left speakers positive and negative connections were reversed and should be Front Left Speaker - A6 (light blue), Front Left speaker + A5 (light green).

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
im about to do a similar install right now I'm tapped into stock sub at trunk via hi level and it sounds like crap doesn't even sound like a sub sounds like a mid range speaker terrible Honda eq did you have any success on using front speakers instead? how did the lc2i work for you it has mixed reviews in nervous to try one. I have a si and I cant say I notice factory bass roll off just a crappy eq system my front doors without a doubt have the best sound of all the speakers they seem to be the ones with the least amount of eq on them

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
im about to do a similar install right now I'm tapped into stock sub at trunk via hi level and it sounds like crap doesn't even sound like a sub sounds like a mid range speaker terrible Honda eq did you have any success on using front speakers instead? how did the lc2i work for you it has mixed reviews in nervous to try one. I have a si and I cant say I notice factory bass roll off just a crappy eq system my front doors without a doubt have the best sound of all the speakers they seem to be the ones with the least amount of eq on them
Well at first it did sound a bit odd but after some tuning of the settings and swapping back and forth between a JL audio 6w3v3 ported microsub and the 8w1v3 sealed, I did finally get it to where I'm satisfied with the sound. I ended up going with the 8w1v3 sealed. I do notice on some songs the stupid Honda eq does mess with the correct bass tones im looking for but overall it still sounds pretty great. Do make sure if you go with the Lc2i to follow the recommended instructions on tuning. they recommend you to wire up everything except the rca output and start playing music at a loud desired setting and set the gains on the Lc2i. there is a helpful green light (maximized) which will notify you that the gains you have set are too high. once you have everything high enough to where you are not getting that green light you should be good to go and now you can connect your rca outputs to sub amp and should be getting the best possible frequency sent to the amp. Also wanted to add a link for you for a LCQ-1. Just discovered this and notice it has its own EQ on each channel including the sub channel. Maybe another option and seems like it would be great if you are considering amping the interior speakers.
http://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lcq-1/

Sorry still haven't posted pics will try today

kennu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch 2017 1.5 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
nice pics nice install i see that carbon decal on the wheel I got the same ones :) What's up with the hp filter on 50 have you tried 80 should sound alot better on 80-100 Also appreciate the pics going to tap into my amp this weekend cant wait your pictures will help me a lot just got to find color codes for the front doors

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
nice pics nice install i see that carbon decal on the wheel I got the same ones :) What's up with the hp filter on 50 have you tried 80 should sound alot better on 80-100 Also appreciate the pics going to tap into my amp this weekend cant wait your pictures will help me a lot just got to find color codes for the front doors
Yah I was so disappointment that Honda couldn't make a nice steering wheel with an Si badge but do love this decal. Thanks for the input on the hp, I will definitely give it a try and let u know how it goes. BTW I'm pretty sure I included the color codes for the front speakers in my earlier posts. Let me see if I can find.... well found it but kinda new to threads and forums so don't know how to include in this post but check out post #16 & 18. Post 16 had codes I found from someone else and post 18 has the correction for front left speaker. Good luck man let us know how it goes

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yea I agree how dare they not badge the wheel I got the door and ac badges also they look amazing fit better than wheel badge looks very stock I bet you’d like them I have a extra wheel one if you ever need it to :) thanks for color codes will make my life easier this weekend can’t wait to do it

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
that sucks I went to do this today and none of my wires match the images or your harness :( I have different colors for everything basically :( Hopefully one day someone can find the schematic for a 17 si premium audio harness :(

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
that sucks I went to do this today and none of my wires match the images or your harness :( I have different colors for everything basically :( Hopefully one day someone can find the schematic for a 17 si premium audio harness :(
wait there is a premium wiring harness. where is your amp located. post pic if you can

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Last edited:

mitchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Here is the finished job pics. Sorry to post so late.

basscontrolsteering.jpeg
basscontrol.jpeg
seatsetup.jpeg
amp.jpeg
ampgains.jpeg
lc2i.jpeg
amplc2 seat.jpeg
finalsetup.jpeg
Very neat work here, few questions as I am planning on doing this same setup. I just purchased the Lc2i

Is it safe to assume you are only powering the added JL sub with the JL amp and using the stock amp to run the door speakers?

Are you still getting bass from the door speakers or just Mid from the door speakers and High in the tweeters?

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very neat work here, few questions as I am planning on doing this same setup. I just purchased the Lc2i

Is it safe to assume you are only powering the added JL sub with the JL amp and using the stock amp to run the door speakers?

Are you still getting bass from the door speakers or just Mid from the door speakers and High in the tweeters?
Thank you. Yes, I am only powering the sub with the added JL amp. Stock audio is all the same. I only tapped into the front door speaker signals for the LC2i. Bass, Mids, Highs are all still the same and yes the door speakers bass still does not sound great after or about 30 volume even with bass level set all the way down. I am considering swapping out front door speakers with JL audios but I am hesitant on removing door panels in fear of them having a looser rattle prone fit when reinstalling.
Sponsored