redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
2018 civic coupe,base model.the car is new to us,the phone is paired to it,but the voice recognition system is not working correctly.when you push the phone button it will ask for a command,but when you say"call john doe" it does not seem to understand the command and asks you to repeat.never gets it right.the numbers we are requesting are in the phones phone book.is there something we are overlooking?
Sponsored

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
2018 civic coupe,base model.the car is new to us,the phone is paired to it,but the voice recognition system is not working correctly.when you push the phone button it will ask for a command,but when you say"call john doe" it does not seem to understand the command and asks you to repeat.never gets it right.the numbers we are requesting are in the phones phone book.is there something we are overlooking?
Mines the same. The Honda voice system is very poor and hardly ever works properly. Why don't you hook up your phone and use AA or CarPlay, since I've done that it always understands my commands.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never use it as it never worked right on either of my civics. It's way easier to use Android Auto for calling or sending texts.

OP
OP

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
is android auto or carplay a thing for flip phones? laugh if you want but my phone costs 100 bucks a year,and i get more minutes than i ever use.

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
You have to go in and record your own voice for that name assigned to that number. I believe you go in to favorites and record your voice to a number. Then when you say “call John Doe” it matches your prerecorded voice to the one just said and dials the number assigned to that name.
Sponsored