Phoenix Yellow 2020 Civic Type R facelift refresh model spotted testing at Nurburgring

GMK5321

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M3 - 6MT
Country flag
Thank you for your advice. I actually decided to do just that. I owe roughly $17k and I should have it with a healthy reserve by September. I want to pay it off in full and not worry about it again. Then focus on a car for January (ish). The type r is in my price range but I think it would be fun to have the extra $300 a month from the loan payment and no debt. After I get rid of the loan I have maybe $1000 in credit card debt.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
Only need a sunroof...and right turn camera!!! LOLOL:lol::doh::popcorn::dance:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Bro...

bro... set yourself up financially. Nice cars will always be around to drive. One thing I’ve noticed- guys that hold off on buying nice cars when young are able to buy much nicer cars once they’re financially established.

Pay the loan. I know it sucks. But you’ll thank yourself later.
Sound advise!

Integra.thanh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Country flag
Anyone know if the 2020 type r cars will be available this year? I’m thinking about passing on a 2019 if the 2020 Will have many improvements.
Same boat, I think we all still waiting. I'm hoping the 2019 prices go down but all type R's recently had a small increase in their sale price since June.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Truer words never spoken. Good advice here.

It was incredibly sound advice.

Or I can be like everyone else in Miami and I could just take my house payment, apply it to a nicer car, and live in an efficiency in someone else's house.

That would make for an insane car for me... I'd look like I was rich!

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Same boat, I think we all still waiting. I'm hoping the 2019 prices go down but all type R's recently had a small increase in their sale price since June.
I think we're looking at 3 different trim levels. The normal looking one looks pretty much like a '19 w/ a bigger front grill inlet and revised lower fake vents. The yellow one to me looks like it has the same edits but may be a higher trim potentially with a carbon fiber roof and new wheels. The lower trim (the one with the awkward little wing) has an even different style of wheel. To me this says these are 3 different trim levels and so my main question isn't whether price is going up or down, but whether or not the US is getting all 3 trim levels. If so, I imagine the higher trim is going up in price considerably. I'll want that one. :)

Last edited:

dan_in_japan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dbblsound.com
Vehicle(s)
Currently GK5 Fit RS - Past, 98 ITR, 99 SiR Accord, 85 Civic, 79 Civic, 84 Mirage, 62 Fairlane. 80 Laser
Country flag
Interestingly Honda Japan's site on the Type R page its says sales to end shortly, please contact sales staff.

Im not sure if it will not be sold in that market anymore, though I guess its more likely an imminent model change.

Similarly on the standard Civic Hatchback it says only limited colours and specifications available please contact sales staff.
The Japan site doesn't have the updated facia yet for that model.

Hopefully this means some clarity soon one way or the other.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something this week. The PR for the hatchback and Si have both gone out so it would make sense for the CTR announcement to come soon, particularly given the HB changes are going into effect immediately and '20 cars are in transit to dealers already.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'd be shocked if msrp is increased yet again. Then maybe even again mid year.

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like a short bus to school....LOL

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think we're looking at 3 different trim levels. The normal looking one looks pretty much like a '19 w/ a bigger front grill inlet and revised lower fake vents. The yellow one to me looks like it has the same edits but may be a higher trim potentially with a carbon fiber roof and new wheels. The lower trim (the one with the awkward little wing) has an even different style of wheel. To me this says these are 3 different trim levels and so my main question isn't whether price is going up or down, but whether or not the US is getting all 3 trim levels. If so, I imagine the higher trim is going up in price considerably. I'll want that one. :)
Big BUMP ON THIS ONE, do we have anymore info when the 2020 Type R will begin allocations, Im officially purchasing my Type R in april, but if i order one now i get a 2019 if i wait tho i may have more options, just looking to see if anyone has info because here at the dealership we have none.

Deleted member 31314

I'd have one in yellow, my wife would love it, its her favorite color. I of course would keep my CW CTR and drive that however.
Before my CTR, one of my cars was a Subaru BRZ in the Charlesite yellow. It was the lightning or Inazuma model or whatever.

Nice car but maybe too bright for my tastes.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Ready for flames.. but this was always my concern about it being sold in numbers in the US, the calls for auto and 4WD.
The CTR or any Type R has never been about the 0-60 traffic light Gran Prix, its always been about focused drivers cars that out perform the specs on paper when in the hands of people who enjoy them for what they are.
We have already lost the high revving light weight part, but thus far Honda have managed to mature the platform and keep some of the Type R magic despite turbo and being a lot heavier.
I think there probably is a space for some kind of 4WD 300hp+ Honda (that isn't an NSX) but don't think Type R is the "brand" for it else it doesn't really mean anything anymore.
I've been saying this for a while - there needs to be an Acura approach to the TypeR - SH-AWD turbo power in the TLX or something more agile and purpose built perhaps...the ILX might be the right platform I don't know. But there's just not a lot of excitement with an Acura badge that isn't over $100k.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been saying this for a while - there needs to be an Acura approach to the TypeR - SH-AWD turbo power in the TLX or something more agile and purpose built perhaps...the ILX might be the right platform I don't know. But there's just not a lot of excitement with an Acura badge that isn't over $100k.
Acure TL-Type S concept slated to come with a twinturbo V6 and possible AWD so i mean there ya go itll probably nbook out somewhere around 40-60k
Sponsored