Phoenix Yellow 2020 Civic Type R facelift refresh model spotted testing at Nurburgring

dan_in_japan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dbblsound.com
Vehicle(s)
Currently GK5 Fit RS - Past, 98 ITR, 99 SiR Accord, 85 Civic, 79 Civic, 84 Mirage, 62 Fairlane. 80 Laser
Country flag
Ready for flames.. but this was always my concern about it being sold in numbers in the US, the calls for auto and 4WD.
The CTR or any Type R has never been about the 0-60 traffic light Gran Prix, its always been about focused drivers cars that out perform the specs on paper when in the hands of people who enjoy them for what they are.
We have already lost the high revving light weight part, but thus far Honda have managed to mature the platform and keep some of the Type R magic despite turbo and being a lot heavier.
I think there probably is a space for some kind of 4WD 300hp+ Honda (that isn't an NSX) but don't think Type R is the "brand" for it else it doesn't really mean anything anymore.

GMK5321

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M3 - 6MT
Country flag
Honda News just noted in their June sales figure report that the Type R refresh (along with other Civics) is "coming soon."

upload_2019-7-5_14-56-2.png
Thank you for the info! I’ve just been sitting back patiently saving money for one. I’m also debating wether to pay off the student loan I have in full or do something silly like buy this car.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Thank you for the info! I’ve just been sitting back patiently saving money for one. I’m also debating wether to pay off the student loan I have in full or do something silly like buy this car.
A car note is never a good investment.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda News just noted in their June sales figure report that the Type R refresh (along with other Civics) is "coming soon."

I’m interested in seeing what the refresh looks like. From what I see the camo shots I’m glad I got my 2018 as I don’t like what I see in the front and rear bumpers.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
A car note is never a good investment.
I wouldn’t pay off the student loan just yet, theres a chance, a slim one tho that some relief is on the way with student loans. Way overdue imho.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

Refreshing, very interested to see what they look like, plus this should put an end to the stealerships upcharging on Type R’s

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Refreshing, very interested to see what they look like, plus this should put an end to the stealerships upcharging on Type R’s
Doubt it. People still seem to be willing to pay the ADM for one. Depends on the quantity Honda produces which I figure will still be limited.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Doubt it. People still seem to be willing to pay the ADM for one. Depends on the quantity Honda produces which I figure will still be limited.
Not me just got my $200 deposit back from the dealership on a new 2019 Type R at sticker decided I’ll wait.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Good move. I’m waiting too.
Yes the dealership was kind enough to give me back my deposit, and this dealership never charges more than sticker. Basically there’s good dealerships and bad ones out there, the impatient consumers that gotta have the latest and greatest product at a markup (California) just enable these sleazy dealerships to fuk everybody price wise.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
One can hope but it Ain’t gonna happen- it may even get worse as we approach the end of this 10th gen especially if the refresh is a hit.
Also good luck getting the rumored yellow one. Those will be scarce big time even with ADM.
impatient customers & greedy dealers make for a nasty situation. Honda totally missed the mark on demand here.
I for one, have no desire for a hybrid R that’s supposedly coming for 11th gen. I’ll likely get a V6 TT TLX Type S instead...

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Bro...
bro... set yourself up financially. Nice cars will always be around to drive. One thing I’ve noticed- guys that hold off on buying nice cars when young are able to buy much nicer cars once they’re financially established.

Pay the loan. I know it sucks. But you’ll thank yourself later.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
Bro...

bro... set yourself up financially. Nice cars will always be around to drive. One thing I’ve noticed- guys that hold off on buying nice cars when young are able to buy much nicer cars once they’re financially established.

Pay the loan. I know it sucks. But you’ll thank yourself later.
Truer words never spoken. Good advice here.
Sponsored