Phoenix Yellow 2020 Civic Type R facelift refresh model spotted testing at Nurburgring

GMK5321

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M3 - 6MT
Country flag
Honda's yellow is pretty unique indeed
I don’t think I’ve ever even seen it before in person. I wonder what that YouTube feels like that had his car painted. If I did that and then they launched the car in the same color I’d be a bit buthurt I spent all that money.
Sponsored

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I don’t think I’ve ever even seen it before in person. I wonder what that YouTube feels like that had his car painted. If I did that and then they launched the car in the same color I’d be a bit buthurt I spent all that money.
Once yellow is OEM, he will strip his car back down and repaint it Satin Silver Metallic and it will be the "ONLY ONE IN THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
If you happen to see an S2000 or an old Civic hatchback from the late 90s (forgot what gen or model year). This isn't technically a 'new' color for Honda, but would be new for the FK8 CTR.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I personally would love to see the orange they have on the new NSX carry to the CTR.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Guys some really nice and special colors: yellow and orange from Renault Megane RS current model. Eh?!

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Once yellow is OEM, he will strip his car back down and repaint it Satin Silver Metallic and it will be the "ONLY ONE IN THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
:D

I personally would love to see the orange they have on the new NSX carry to the CTR.
i would love some thermal orange!

That would be nice. However, if they released FK8 in Midori Green, I'd instantly trade my '17 for one.
miss my96 aka mydori :(

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but the video he shot at Nurburgring shows 2 different type R’s, the yellow one and also a white one (smaller wing and less plastic bits). I’m curious to know what the white one is?

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but the video he shot at Nurburgring shows 2 different type R’s, the yellow one and also a white one (smaller wing and less plastic bits). I’m curious to know what the white one is?
White 1 is spy shots from late 2018, before the 2019 model was announced. At the time, people were speculating that it will be a slight refresh given to the 2019 model. Turns out it wasn't.

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
White 1 is spy shots from late 2018, before the 2019 model was announced. At the time, people were speculating that it will be a slight refresh given to the 2019 model. Turns out it wasn't.
White Type R with small wing was at Nurburgring last week along with the yellow one. It appears to be the same one folks were spotting last year.

Last edited:

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Watch the video from last week, he shows the yellow Type R come by, and then the white Type R comes by a few minutes later, anyone know what that stripped down Type R is please do say. I’m guessing it’s ezactly that, a stripped down cheaper Type R.

GMK5321

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M3 - 6MT
Country flag
Watch the video from last week, he shows the yellow Type R come by, and then the white Type R comes by a few minutes later, anyone know what that stripped down Type R is please do say. I’m guessing it’s ezactly that, a stripped down cheaper Type R.
What video?

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
Doesn't make sense to me for Honda to be testing a 2020 on the 'ring as it's the last year of this model. Then, I thought, what if they're thinking of putting a DCT in for the final year?
Sponsored