Phoenix Yellow 2020 Civic Type R facelift refresh model spotted testing at Nurburgring

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
to me it looks like the bumper vents and the front grille are the only changes. i dont see any real updates to the actual bumpers/mirrors/ or hood scoop, but that's just me.

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
Probably a send-off "goodbye" edition as 2020 is the last year for this Civic. And I have a feeling that there won't be another Type R as the automotive industry is shifting to hybrids, electrics and hydrogen. Has anyone noticed the current values of ITR's? Lesson: hold on to your CTR's!!!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Probably a send-off "goodbye" edition as 2020 is the last year for this Civic. And I have a feeling that there won't be another Type R as the automotive industry is shifting to hybrids, electrics and hydrogen. Has anyone noticed the current values of ITR's? Lesson: hold on to your CTR's!!!
Hybrid manuals are definitely a thing, especially hybrid turbo manuals. Don't count the R out yet.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hybrid manuals are definitely a thing, especially hybrid turbo manuals. Don't count the R out yet.
The CR-Z was one, wasn’t it? And the original Insight?

I’m trying to think of other hybrid manuals, and ones with turbos at that, but I’m drawing a blank...

Deadly Nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 CR-Z, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The CR-Z was one, wasn’t it? And the original Insight?
Yes, but both of them used a different hybrid setup than any other hybrid out there by having the electric motor attached to the flywheel before mating with the transmission. AFAIK these are the only two cars with a setup like this. It wasn't very powerful, as there is extremely limited room in that area, but the instant torque at low RPM is quite fun. Modern supercars that run hybrid systems use sequential gearboxes with paddle shifters because its faster and more performant than using a clutch with an H pattern shifter.

The HPD concept CR-Z had a turbo charger on it, but when they pushed it to production they used a supercharger instead. I'm not sure why they went this route instead of a turbo, I feel like the electric motor would make up for the first 3k RPM and then the turbo would spool up and get you through the rest of the power band more efficiently. :dunno:

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Roof, scoop and wing mirrors are rumoured to be carbon fibre, lower weight And c.o.g, also to lighten people's bank accounts....

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Roof, scoop and wing mirrors are rumoured to be carbon fibre, lower weight And c.o.g, also to lighten people's bank accounts....
That would be amazing if the rest of the fake carbon was replaced with real carbon including the interior bits.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, I was really considering picking up the OEM CF bits for the car, but given that half would be real and half would be fake, I thought it would look stupid.

So the other option is to replace all the fake CF, but this is a daily driven car for me, not a show car of some sort. The last thing I need is to come out of a mall or something, only to find some really pricey stuff got jacked off the car.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
If this car does come with real and fake CF on the exterior, so help me God... Worst. Decisions. Ever.