Phoenix Yellow 2020 Civic Type R facelift refresh model spotted testing at Nurburgring

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Can only view first photo without registering? Not a fan of sites that do that. The front bumper plastic inserts look new though, so that should be exciting, should also look better than current generation ones too (maybe a direct swap will be possible if Honda goes this direction)!

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like they might have changed the inserts that are currently those fake mesh parts....should help with the fakeness of them....lol

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Looks like they might have changed the inserts that are currently those fake mesh parts....should help with the fakeness of them....lol
I hope they’re directly swappable with the current gen CTR. But part of me feels like it’s a new bumper mold.

OP
OP
HBKEAZY!

HBKEAZY!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I hope they’re directly swappable with the current gen CTR. But part of me feels like it’s a new bumper mold.
It looks like it could be swapped nothing major changed.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Unless there's any new functional pieces, I'm not getting too riled up. If there is a new front middle grill, that'd be the only thing I'd retrofit. The yellow seems less punchier than the one in S2K tho. I think that one is Phoenix yellow as well. Could just be the photo.

You'd think Sonic Grey would be the rare sighting. It looks like it might just be this one if it's actually true.

OP
OP
HBKEAZY!

HBKEAZY!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Lol HPJ edition, kids these days.

It’s a Phoenix Yellow pre-production test car.

Yellow Type R doesn’t mean “Jason” edition lmao.
Lol I know, I just thought since they are covering certain parts of the car that HPJ modded some how there connected. If parts of the car weren’t changed wouldn’t they leave them as is and not cover them? Why would they cover the roof? Or the hood scoop? What are they really covering. Side note HPJ has done a lot for the Honda brand in the US, I wouldn’t say it is not possible.
Sponsored

Last edited: