First Name
Rapheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Hey Ralph,
Are you using 94 Petro Can or 93+Supreme from Esso?

Wondering if you ran a data log to check for knock?

I was skeptical about the gas quality we have here in Ontario, Canada but I thought i'd give this a try since i've seen nothing but good things from @phearable
Yes I only use Petro94. I don't have any data logs, but when I get a chance I will check and let you know. It's a great tune.
Sponsored

CTRnFun

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone got decent mileage to report back on this tune? I'm wanting to pull the trigger on my stock FK8, just worried about longevity/reliability and all that with a voided warranty. The numbers are incredible compared to even some custom tunes and definitely a step up from basemaps.
I recently completed installing this tune. In about 700 miles, I am getting 27.4 MPG. I am not taking it easy either. So I am getting about 5-6 more MPG with this tune. I am on 91 and have PRL intake, inlet, intercooler and charge pipes. The Hondata app says I am getting 25psi at WOT. Rarely got 23 before the bolt-ons and tune. I am a total newb when it comes to tuning so my experience has been fantastic to this point. The tune alone would probably give you enough power to make you need new tires(yeah, leadfoot). Luckily my T-S5's came in before the tune, and put some 265/35r18x9.5 ps4s on them. For a month or so after buying the CTR, I did not know I was spinning the stock contis in 2nd and 3rd sometimes. This tune seems to help with traction control pretty well but I know the ps4s grip much better than the stock contis when accelerating or from a launch.

I was worried about some of the same things. Now I can't even imagine being back at stock. If you don't want to look back and wish you had, well... life's too short to stay stock.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I recently completed installing this tune. In about 700 miles, I am getting 27.4 MPG. I am not taking it easy either. So I am getting about 5-6 more MPG with this tune. I am on 91 and have PRL intake, inlet, intercooler and charge pipes. The Hondata app says I am getting 25psi at WOT. Rarely got 23 before the bolt-ons and tune. I am a total newb when it comes to tuning so my experience has been fantastic to this point. The tune alone would probably give you enough power to make you need new tires(yeah, leadfoot). Luckily my T-S5's came in before the tune, and put some 265/35r18x9.5 ps4s on them. For a month or so after buying the CTR, I did not know I was spinning the stock contis in 2nd and 3rd sometimes. This tune seems to help with traction control pretty well but I know the ps4s grip much better than the stock contis when accelerating or from a launch.

I was worried about some of the same things. Now I can't even imagine being back at stock. If you don't want to look back and wish you had, well... life's too short to stay stock.
Glad you’re enjoying the tune as well! I am also seeing 25psi peak running 93 octane. My supporting mods include a PRL intercooler, PRL HVI, RV6 catted downpipe, and Perrin motor mount insert. I’m on 18’s running ps4s 255/40, but they give me no traction. They are quite worn at this point and if I fully disable traction control it will spin in 3rd gear all the way to redline. Next tires I am trying a softer compound like the azenis 615 in a 265/35 size. Also, I saw pherable release their stage 3 flex fuel tune. Awfully tempting..

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak to the Type R tune in particular but Phearable's tunes for the other 10th turbo models are both powerful and super smooth. Easily the best OTS tunes. I imagine the R tune is as good. John Vega is a master tuner.

Vaporeon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Ralph,
Are you using 94 Petro Can or 93+Supreme from Esso?

Wondering if you ran a data log to check for knock?

I was skeptical about the gas quality we have here in Ontario, Canada but I thought i'd give this a try since i've seen nothing but good things from @phearable
Any updates? fellow canuck that is curious

Vaporeon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Civic Type R
Country flag
FWIW, during my Phearable custom tuning he mentioned that my Chevron 94 was some of the worst premium fuel he'd seen. I switched to Shell 93 and he was much happier.
FWIW, during my Phearable custom tuning he mentioned that my Chevron 94 was some of the worst premium fuel he'd seen. I switched to Shell 93 and he was much happier.
Nice! What did you make on it, with what parts?

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Figured I might as well just comment here. Tried emailing phearable directly about this but haven’t received any feedback.

Just got my CTR. Put a PRL HVI on it. Planning to get a Catted DP, FMIC, and TI probably over the summer. Gonna spread it out but DP will be my first purchase sooner than later. I want to get the Phearable tune for the time being before I’m FBO and go for a custom tune, but I wasn’t sure if they give you a tune based on what mods you have at the time of purchase? Suppose I wanted to buy the phearable tune tomorrow with just the intake for now. Would I have to purchase a different tune for different mods as I go, can they send me a new tune file as I go, or is it variable in the sense that I can select certain mods when I go to upload the tune like it is with the base maps?

if anyone has any experience with this and could provide feedback I’d appreciate it.

slowRthanU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 civic hatch
Country flag
Figured I might as well just comment here. Tried emailing phearable directly about this but haven’t received any feedback.

Just got my CTR. Put a PRL HVI on it. Planning to get a Catted DP, FMIC, and TI probably over the summer. Gonna spread it out but DP will be my first purchase sooner than later. I want to get the Phearable tune for the time being before I’m FBO and go for a custom tune, but I wasn’t sure if they give you a tune based on what mods you have at the time of purchase? Suppose I wanted to buy the phearable tune tomorrow with just the intake for now. Would I have to purchase a different tune for different mods as I go, can they send me a new tune file as I go, or is it variable in the sense that I can select certain mods when I go to upload the tune like it is with the base maps?

if anyone has any experience with this and could provide feedback I’d appreciate it.
He is gonna send you a tune based on your modifications. If you add a downpipe you’re gonna definitely need an updated file to account for this. He will charge you a small fee to update it so depending on how tight you are with money it might behoove you to just wait.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag

You may want to check your spam folder for our email responses. We typically respond to emails very quickly.

Regarding your question; if you make modifications after buying the tune a revision will have to be purchased for the new modifications.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
For those of you with the tune, is there anything you would want changed//unhappy with?

Ive already seen some people say the gas pedal is too responsive/sensitive
Sponsored