whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Actually the 93 hondata map is probably safer. It runs the car more on the rich side. I'd love an etude but the only safe would be dyno tuning.

Anyone up for a group purchase? We'll fly a US tuner up here and tune all our cars. Lol
I recently saw a vid by togue tuning out of toronto tuning a type r. The guy came in with 91 octane and the video description says "we found the (hondata) ots tune too aggressive for our fuel". This is why id rather run a 91 basemap with our 94 as oppose to the 93 basemap.

I would love for someone to chime in tho and let me know of thats false because i would love to run the 93 map with petro canada 94 octane
Sponsored

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
I recently saw a vid by togue tuning out of toronto tuning a type r. The guy came in with 91 octane and the video description says "we found the (hondata) ots tune too aggressive for our fuel". This is why id rather run a 91 basemap with our 94 as oppose to the 93 basemap.

I would love for someone to chime in tho and let me know of thats false because i would love to run the 93 map with petro canada 94 octane
I've done a few WOT runs with the 93 basemap. I mainly look for knock . In No way do I consider myself a pro but knock and retard is what I consider dangerous. With FBO and cooler Temps from the intercooler I have yet to experience any retard or knock counts using 94 octane Petro.

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
I've done a few WOT runs with the 93 basemap. I mainly look for knock . In No way do I consider myself a pro but knock and retard is what I consider dangerous. With FBO and cooler Temps from the intercooler I have yet to experience any retard or knock counts using 94 octane Petro.
Good to know!

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
@phearable wondering if you guys want to chime in on this one?
Which tune is more conservative and have you had any Canadian customers give feedback on the stage 2 tune?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
@phearable wondering if you guys want to chime in on this one?
Which tune is more conservative and have you had any Canadian customers give feedback on the stage 2 tune?
What is your exact question?

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
What is your exact question?
I believe he's asking if a 93 octane tune is more conservative than a 91 octane tune

And wondering if youve had any canadian feeback from your stage 2 tune. Reason is because there are mixed reviews about the quality of canadian 94 octane floating around.

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Your stage 2 tune vs Hondata 93 octane basemap. Which tune is more aggressive and have you had any Canadian customers give feedback on your Phearable stage 2 tune? We have crappy gas so I'm curious if off the shelf tune is safe to use or better to etune or dyno tune? Thanks.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Your stage 2 tune vs Hondata 93 octane basemap. Which tune is more aggressive and have you had any Canadian customers give feedback on your Phearable stage 2 tune? We have crappy gas so I'm curious if off the shelf tune is safe to use or better to etune or dyno tune? Thanks.
Concerning our stage 2 tune vs Hondata's 93 octane basemaps; our tune outputs more power therefor it's clearly more "aggressive".

The fuel quality in Canada can vary just like it can in the USA.
We do have users running the tune in Canada without issues.

Premium fuel is REQUIRED. 93oct+ recommended. QUALITY 91 octane can be used.
Tune is compatible with e10-e15. If your fuel quality is poor, you may mix unleaded race fuel to achieve 93 octane or you may add 1 gallon of e85 per fill up from empty to increase fuel octane.
Our stage 2 tune is not compatible with a flex fuel kit. You would need a custom etune to run a flex fuel kit which can be found by clicking here.

Thatcurtisguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Concerning our stage 2 tune vs Hondata's 93 octane basemaps; our tune outputs more power therefor it's clearly more "aggressive".

The fuel quality in Canada can vary just like it can in the USA.
We do have users running the tune in Canada without issues.

Premium fuel is REQUIRED. 93oct+ recommended. QUALITY 91 octane can be used.
Tune is compatible with e10-e15. If your fuel quality is poor, you may mix unleaded race fuel to achieve 93 octane or you may add 1 gallon of e85 per fill up from empty to increase fuel octane.
Our stage 2 tune is not compatible with a flex fuel kit. You would need a custom etune to run a flex fuel kit which can be found by clicking here.
Okay fine I'll buy it!! If you have nothing done to the car, will the tune differ from adding a downpipe later? Essentially should I wait to buy the tune until I have added the downpipe and such?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Okay fine I'll buy it!! If you have nothing done to the car, will the tune differ from adding a downpipe later? Essentially should I wait to buy the tune until I have added the downpipe and such?
The tune is made and sent for your current modifications.

Modifications such as inlet pipe, intake, intercooler, downpipe, front pipe and exhaust are compatible with the tune.

If you change your intake, downpipe or front pipe you will require our tune modification service listed on our website. Changes to the intercooler won't require any tune changes.

Thatcurtisguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The tune is made and sent for your current modifications.

Modifications such as inlet pipe, intake, intercooler, downpipe, front pipe and exhaust are compatible with the tune.

If you change your intake, downpipe or front pipe you will require our tune modification service listed on our website. Changes to the intercooler won't require any tune changes.
I'm blind, I don't see that option on your website anywhere.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag

It all depends on the fuel you are using.

A basemap is exactly how it sounds, a general map that most people can use, its a tune that will get your car probably 80-90% of its full potential.

Everyones experiences might vary because the quality of fuel differs from area to area, therefore, people with worse fuel might find the basemap too aggressive a.k.a youll probably see more knock and knock retard in comparison to someone else who is using a better quality fuel that may not experience it.

This is why its important to go out and get a datalog and review it to see if the tune is causing any knock/retard and if it is, you should either mix in some E85 or switch to another gas station to see if their 91 is better, OR get a custom tune through @kefi @KineticAutoworks @Drob or any of the other reputable tuners.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Is god mode available for pherable stage 2 Hondata ?
Sponsored