Country flag
Reactions: ATM

AUSTRIAN_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I got my Hondata and tried the Phearable Stage 2 Map first, and then the Hondata RON98 MAP from Dream Automotive. In my opinion the Hondata MAP is more aggressive and faster, will do some GPS measurements on both MAPs to see which one is faster from 100-200kph

Raph

First Name
Rapheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I got this tune, and I’m very impressed over the base Hondata maps. It’s amazing, and I’m happy there is such support available for our cars. Having said that. If you are worried about the damage a tune does to your car, then it’s best you don’t tune. Personally, get the tune and take care of your car. Don’t beat on it like it’s a piece of meat.

randmtsk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Type R || 2015 DGM STi - Sold || 2000 Silverstone s2000 - Sold
Country flag
Hi @phearable your website says:

REAL DynoJet Hondata results:
386 HP 393 TQ using PRL HVI intake, Intercooler, Downpipe, Exhaust on 93 octane

From my understanding most all exhausts for this car are cat-back. Would those other mods w/o exhaust see similar numbers?

Also do you update your tunes over time?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Hi @phearable your website says:

REAL DynoJet Hondata results:
386 HP 393 TQ using PRL HVI intake, Intercooler, Downpipe, Exhaust on 93 octane

From my understanding most all exhausts for this car are cat-back. Would those other mods w/o exhaust see similar numbers?

Also do you update your tunes over time?
We have not dyno tested a vehicle with the exact mods minus an exhaust.
Off the shelf tunes are not updated over time.
If someone needs a tune revision due to a modification that requires such a revision we offer that as an option/service.
We do also offer custom etuning services on our website.

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR #45050 (Sold) 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Anyone got decent mileage to report back on this tune? I'm wanting to pull the trigger on my stock FK8, just worried about longevity/reliability and all that with a voided warranty. The numbers are incredible compared to even some custom tunes and definitely a step up from basemaps.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Anyone got decent mileage to report back on this tune? I'm wanting to pull the trigger on my stock FK8, just worried about longevity/reliability and all that with a voided warranty. The numbers are incredible compared to even some custom tunes and definitely a step up from basemaps.
[/QUOTEia tune for about two weeks now. Haven’t noticed a difference in fuel economy
I’ve been running it for about 2 weeks now and haven’t noticed a change in economy. I don’t really pay attention to my fuel consumption though. It’s totally worth it. I’m getting the revision shortly after my downpipe arrives.

Jwc413

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I’ve had this tune since May and a little over 1000 miles. I don’t drive the car much. Definitely worth the money in my opinion. Night and day difference. I’m over the speed limit everywhere. No jerkiness when cruising. I’m happy with it no regrets.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had this tune since May and a little over 1000 miles. I don’t drive the car much. Definitely worth the money in my opinion. Night and day difference. I’m over the speed limit everywhere. No jerkiness when cruising. I’m happy with it no regrets.
First off, thanks again for adding your car to our community tuning thread/database. It's always great to get R's joining in.

The one common denominator with John Vega's OTS tunes is the incredible smoothness he achieves along with that robust top end. He's a magician.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Forgot to add how perfect my LTFT and STFT have been. Throttle response is noticeably sharper in each mode and the power delivery is really smooth. I’m very happy so far

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Figured I'd give my input, main reason for me getting this tune is I wanted something a little more than the 93oct Hondata tune and since I'm in Germany no one really tunes with Hondata over here. They're all about 7mod and its not something I wanted to go with since it doesn't exist back stateside and I leave Germany next year.
Mods are
RV6 catted downpipe
Milltek up pipe and Road+ exhaust
PRL Intake
PRL inlet pipe
Mishimoto intercooler
Running 98RON fuel which is roughly 93.5 octane
The car is quicker, but nothing too crazy. I feel like if you're going from stock to this tune it will be a huge difference though. Definitely worth the money though if a custom tune isn't a option for you. I uploaded my tune and drove around for a few days to make sure all was good. I then made a 7 hour round trip up to Belgium for a trackday at Circuit Zolder. Car ran perfectly fine with zero issues on the trip to and from and fuel consumption seemed a little better than before but I really don't pay attention or take down numbers to be 100% sure. Car felt great on the track, first time on that track so I can't compare lap times but I had no issues with it. Overall I am happy with it and I would recommend it to people who are in the same boat as me or just don't want a custom tune at the moment.

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, 07 AP2 S2000
Country flag
@phearable just ordered a stage 2 hondata tune, if i forgot to put in the comments, i've removed my secondary o2 sensor completely and added a AEM UEGO wideband, can i still disable the error codes on your calibration? If not i've sent an email requesting this already. Just wanted to double check

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, 07 AP2 S2000
Country flag
I got this tune, and I’m very impressed over the base Hondata maps. It’s amazing, and I’m happy there is such support available for our cars. Having said that. If you are worried about the damage a tune does to your car, then it’s best you don’t tune. Personally, get the tune and take care of your car. Don’t beat on it like it’s a piece of meat.
Hey Ralph,
Are you using 94 Petro Can or 93+Supreme from Esso?

Wondering if you ran a data log to check for knock?

I was skeptical about the gas quality we have here in Ontario, Canada but I thought i'd give this a try since i've seen nothing but good things from @phearable