Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm pulling the trigger on the Phearable 1.5 tune for my CVT sport hatch once I get a few more things done (intercooler and down/front pipe). I've got two burning questions about it.

With the on the fly map switching, how do you know what map you're in (considering it uses the cruise control buttons).

Is it worth the extra money to upgrade from the street to the race MAF on my PRL cobra intake?
Sponsored

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just got mines tuned today with the same tune. I have a 2019 CVT sport hatch with mishimoto intercooler and 27WON Cold air intake with their street MAF. When you hold the cancel button for about 2-3 seconds, you see on the tachometer showing the needle aiming at 1, 2, or 3. For the first time by default it is set to 1 and you can change it using the Res and Set buttons to move up or move down within map 1, 2, 3. Hold the cancel button again for about 2-3 seconds and it will select the map the needle pointed on.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I believe you would need to have the KTuner plugged in for it to remember the map you selected or else the next time you start your car, the map will reset to map 1 and you would need to select the maps again. If you tune for the first time, when you get to the point of starting the car engine on, make sure to drive normally for 30 minutes first for the ECU to complete its initial loop before you try testing the new tuned power of your civic.

OP
OP
bmfontdevila

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I believe you would need to have the KTuner plugged in for it to remember the map you selected or else the next time you start your car, the map will reset to map 1 and you would need to select the maps again. If you tune for the first time, when you get to the point of starting the car engine on, make sure to drive normally for 30 minutes first for the ECU to complete its initial loop before you try testing the new tuned power of your civic.
Thanks for the info! Whenever I'm really pulling around and having fun I've got my Ktuner plugged in. The tach indicating the map was definitely an interesting choice on their point. I've just been running a modified dual map off my Ktuner since November. Pretty excited I've heard alot of good things about the Phearable tune.
Sponsored