Phearable.net Releases Stage 2.5 Tune For 2017+ Civic Si (Flex Fuel)

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
John
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Last edited:

bennylopez_32

First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 White Si Coupe
Country flag
Anyone else running this tune??
I have a couple days running it, It feels very smooth coming from tsp stage 1. For some reason I dont feel the “wow flex fuel was a big jump in power” feeling. I love the car/tune still though. Map 3 all the time. Nearly fbo, just waiting on my prl dp/fp to ship. I will be racing a buddy with tsp stage 2 to see the difference.
my stock clutch and tires probably dont help lol but no slip yet. Will get the type r retro when the time comes

3A54442F-CE51-4A73-9F4E-3F3FB83237F0.jpeg

ebatr24

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had an aftermarket clutch and 255s when I went to the TSP 2. The increase in torque was super noticeable, if you have KTuner you could try the quarter mile feature and see if you get an improvement. Your clutch would be slipping if it was causing any power loss though, and on flex I would assume you would be blowing those tires off fairly easily.

Wish there were more OTS tunes available for the CTR like the Si.

OP
phearable

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
John
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I had an aftermarket clutch and 255s when I went to the TSP 2. The increase in torque was super noticeable, if you have KTuner you could try the quarter mile feature and see if you get an improvement. Your clutch would be slipping if it was causing any power loss though, and on flex I would assume you would be blowing those tires off fairly easily.

Wish there were more OTS tunes available for the CTR like the Si.
We are developing our FK8 off the shelf tune. ETA is not available.

OP
phearable

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
John
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I have a couple days running it, It feels very smooth coming from tsp stage 1. For some reason I dont feel the “wow flex fuel was a big jump in power” feeling. I love the car/tune still though. Map 3 all the time. Nearly fbo, just waiting on my prl dp/fp to ship. I will be racing a buddy with tsp stage 2 to see the difference.
my stock clutch and tires probably dont help lol but no slip yet. Will get the type r retro when the time comes

Glad to hear your running our stage 2.5 Tune!
There are a good amount of people running it also, I am not sure if they are civicx members.

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
Car(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
Br

bro can I get a link to that front lip and side skirts been looking for them for a while that is a two door right ? Looks amazing btw I almost bought the white one but wanted the black

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi John / Phearable. I'm just interested in some logistics behind the stage 2.5. After installing the PRL kit, do I need to have the KTuner plugged in at all times to ensure the "flex" portion of FlexFuel is working?

Secondly I've heard ethanol can corrode fuel lines and rubbers. I've also heard the Civics have their internals treated for ethanol use so they can be sold in places that use e more heavily (Brazil). I've had a hard time finding confirmation on this... Can you weigh in?

Hoping to purchase a kit and tune from you guys around March/April once the weather gets warmer! Thanks

OP
phearable

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
John
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Hi John / Phearable. I'm just interested in some logistics behind the stage 2.5. After installing the PRL kit, do I need to have the KTuner plugged in at all times to ensure the "flex" portion of FlexFuel is working?

Secondly I've heard ethanol can corrode fuel lines and rubbers. I've also heard the Civics have their internals treated for ethanol use so they can be sold in places that use e more heavily (Brazil). I've had a hard time finding confirmation on this... Can you weigh in?

Hoping to purchase a kit and tune from you guys around March/April once the weather gets warmer! Thanks
No, the ktuner doesn't need to be plugged in all of the time.

Ethanol can be corrosive if a car has sat for long periods with it in the fuel system. We have yet to hear of fuel system deterioration on a 10th gen civic/accord due to using Ethanol.

Feel free to reach out with any quesitons.

Advertisement

Advertisement