Phearable GOD MODE - How do they achieve this?

fahmzhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6spd
Country flag
Just curious as to how they achieve this. I understand its not exactly great for our cars however im just curious as Im learning how to tune. Any insight as to what parameters have to be changed on Ktuner software?

Thanks.
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It should be just a massive ignition retard and making a bit of fuel still get injected regardless of throttle position. The end result is a late ignition of fuel which, rather than doing any useful work in the combustion chamber, it leaves and a flaming mass out of the exhaust valves to burn in the exhaust system. The result is some noise... possibly some off-throttle turbo spool and certainly negative wear and tear on the exhaust valves, turbocharger and (especially) catalytic converters if you’re still running stock cats.

There is a thread you can search for where someone provides a guide for modifing a basemap to accomplish a crackle/pop map and will discuss what parameters and where to modify to make a car do it like mad.

OP
OP
fahmzhatch

fahmzhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It should be just a massive ignition retard and making a bit of fuel still get injected regardless of throttle position. The end result is a late ignition of fuel which, rather than doing any useful work in the combustion chamber, it leaves and a flaming mass out of the exhaust valves to burn in the exhaust system. The result is some noise... possibly some off-throttle turbo spool and certainly negative wear and tear on the exhaust valves, turbocharger and (especially) catalytic converters if you’re still running stock cats.

There is a thread you can search for where someone provides a guide for modifing a basemap to accomplish a crackle/pop map and will discuss what parameters and where to modify to make a car do it like mad.
Ahh okay I see. Thanks for your insight! :) Do you have a link to the thread you mentioned?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahh okay I see. Thanks for your insight! :) Do you have a link to the thread you mentioned?
I don’t have one but I bet it can be found pretty easily... it wasn’t too long (> year) ago. There was a link to a video in the thread where he was showing what parameters to modify. It was probably within 6 months of Phearable coming out with their GOD mode for their tune. That tune comes with the following disclaimer:

“Warning:
The Phearable.net Ktuner Stage 1.5 Tune WITH GOD MODE should only be used with a RACE downpipe.
A crackle type tune requires extra fuel and negative ignition timing to create a crackle effect during deceleration which can cause damage to engine components after prolonged use. We are not responsible for any damages to you or your vehicle.“

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What's the obsession people have with these pop and burble tunes anyway?:popcorn: I guess they sound cool on a race track but not so much on the street. Then again, I'm more into a sleeper/stealth style out there on the road.

Don't get me wrong though, it's cool Phearable is offering this for those that want it. But, there's a reason they post a safety disclaimer on the tune.

OP
OP
fahmzhatch

fahmzhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's the obsession people have with these pop and burble tunes anyway?:popcorn: I guess they sound cool on a race track but not so much on the street. Then again, I'm more into a sleeper/stealth style out there on the road.

Don't get me wrong though, it's cool Phearable is offering this for those that want it. But, there's a reason they post a safety disclaimer on the tune.
I completely agree with you haha. I’m more into that as well.

Just looking for some information on this as I am learning how to tune.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There it is. Older than I thought I guess. The threads start to sort of blend together.

It all is interesting to me. I can understand the draw to hearing your car sound like this. That's why I don't judge those who want to do it. It sounds like fun but is not healthy for the valves, engine, cat converters, etc.

I always try to keep an open mind to modifying our cars and just be an observer. Too much of anything is bad for you. It'd be funny though if the snap, crackle, pop tune in moderation would allow you to 'clean' your exhaust valve in your direct injection engine. Imagine that? :p

Anyways, life is short. Enjoy yourselves! I can't tell you how many times and things I've been told not to do to our cars but I have a hell of a time doing them and enjoying every minute of it. Have fun! Be safe! :thumbsup: BTW: I'm not encouraging anyone do this. Just like to see people happy and enjoying what they are doing....without any negative consequences of course.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve watched this video before. The 1.5t doesn’t have the same parameters.
Should be pretty much the same... You go to the low load columns of the ignitions base map (the first one when you're looking at base tunes... he's calling them 'decel') and knock them to more negative values so that your throwing combusting fuel past your exhaust valves... into the turbo... through your cats and down the exhaust for some 'pop'.

As a novice... I've advanced timing up top for more power past the engine's torque peak then watched k.cont as I went for a long hard drive so see if it stuck or moved. Pulled the boost taper off the top of the boost maps as well. I've never retarded timing at low load for noise... and wouldn't. The basemaps are open... and it's your car and you're free to experiment. Your turbo and cats especially (if you still have them) might really not enjoy it. I'd assume the catalyst metals would overheat and eventually melt. The closest I do to any of this is AVSA... allowing some timing retard to pull power. I do it sparingly and only on the moderate setting with some summer tires that still do their best to stick. I'd personally not do it running hard all-season tires, set to aggressive and dogging it at every stop... as it'd still be throwing fire at the turbo/cats to keep the wheels from slipping.
Sponsored