highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
I have the non-si, so k control rises automatically above 5300 rpm. Goes back down quick though so I don't see any issues so far!

Haven't seen anything greater than +/- 3% and +/- 9% just as with other tunes. Seems to be running great.
what about min av. AFRs on WOT
Sponsored

OP
OP
disgraced.fk8

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have v2 or v1.2?
If v2 you can see AFR at wot on display.
I have 1.2 running on head unit, working on getting an android tablet and a mount that goes on the bolt for the seat rail because the Bluetooth connection is horrid and only works like 35% of the time lol. I monitor stft ltft k control and boost that's pretty much it for now but I'm getting confident enough to go further with it

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
I have 1.2 running on head unit, working on getting an android tablet and a mount that goes on the bolt for the seat rail because the Bluetooth connection is horrid and only works like 35% of the time lol. I monitor stft ltft k control and boost that's pretty much it for now but I'm getting confident enough to go further with it
Pls add AFR parameter and report min AFR at WOT

Deleted member 26142

This is my setup using a kindle tablet mounted on top of the head unit works great doesn't lag or loose connection, I use it with the tuner view app works great!

Honda Civic 10th gen Phearable for CVT PXL_20201023_045504383.NIGHT

OP
OP
disgraced.fk8

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is my setup using a kindle tablet mounted on top of the head unit works great doesn't lag or loose connection, I use it with the tuner view app works great!

PXL_20201023_045504383.NIGHT.jpg
Oh shit you can do this with a kindle??? I thought they didn't like support other apps. I don't own any tablets haha I was just gonna try and scoop one on facebook marketplace or something like that. Had I known this I probably would have grabbed one on Prime day!

Deleted member 26142

Oh shit you can do this with a kindle??? I thought they didn't like support other apps. I don't own any tablets haha I was just gonna try and scoop one on facebook marketplace or something like that. Had I known this I probably would have grabbed one on Prime day!
Haha yeah the operating system on these fire tablets is based on android so it's as simple as downloading the .apk file of the Google play store

Attachments

Reactions: Myx

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Finally pulled the trigger for this tune this week and flashed it yesterday, went for a 10 min test drive just close around town.

It definitely feels more potent than TSP on map 2 and 3. I just feel like TSP had mushy pedal syndrome where this somehow is a bit better down low but when you punch it, it feels like it picks up quicker than TSP too.

Driving a lot this weekend and then will update my survey, as I think I'm right at my 2 year mark now :thumbsup:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you can, just do your review Map 3 to Map 3. Thanks. On paper the tunes look similar (24 versus 23.5 psi) so I'm mostly curious how different the feel is down low.

TSP has a very soft throttle feel with slow turbo spool until you really put your foot into it. I really prefer the more jumpy low end of a tweaked KTuner 21.

That's the tune I want. Snappy down low yet still has oomph up til nearly 6,000 or so. Probably need a custom for that though.

Last edited:

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
If you can, just do your review Map 3 to Map 3. Thanks. On paper the tunes look similar (24 versus 23.5 psi) so I'm mostly curious how different the feel is down low.

TSP has a very soft throttle feel with slow turbo spool until you really put your foot into it. I really prefer the more jumpy low end of a tweaked KTuner 21.

That's the tune I want. Snappy down low yet still has oomph up til nearly 6,000 or so. Probably need a custom for that though.
I switched from 2 to 3 pretty late in the drive and then got stuck behind a slow pick up truck. However, I want exactly what you speak of too and I feel like this does feel closer to that than TSPs tune.

I'm making a 200 mile round trip commute this weekend and will get back to you and post a new survey too!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The other thing to point out is the cost factor. TSP cost $80. Phearable is $120. For 50% higher cost, it needs to be much better to get a lot of us to switch.

I appreciate you adding a new updated post to reflect your new tune. That's helpful.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you've read myx's posts/threads, you would know why he's asking lol

So I'll start this with a bit of background - I just got into cars last year when I purchased my current civic. I always loved cars since the day I saw F&F Tokyo Drift. I also absolutely loved the CTR when it came out, but it was impractical for me to buy. I drive a bajillion miles a day for my commute, such that in 13 months of ownership I've racked up over 40k miles. Anyways, I got my sport touring CVT, said I'd only put the Type R wing on, and be done with it. Welllllll.... Yeah we all know how that goes. Now I'm way down the rabbit hole.

I haven't had the chance to learn to drive manual yet, but I've driven more than a few times in parking lots and neighborhoods. I give the above info because I would like to compare this to learning to drive manual, I think anyways. Basically, I have found the right timing to let off the gas, paddle shift, and quickly but very smoothly easy back into it and hammer down to scoot on without any lurches or weird grabs from the CVT! I don't have it down 100%, as I still get them sometimes if I'm really pushing it. It's different from tune to tune as well obviously depending on the throttle settings, but it's relatively the same area.

I think the best way to describe it is juust before you let off the gas completely is when you want to shift. If you let all the way off, it backs off and you kind of idle (what is this actually called when you're driving and you let off the gas, is there a name for it??) which doesn't shift as smoothly. Then you definitely don't want to stomp on it. I would say maybe half a second of steady slow increase in pressure then almost 1sec, maybe at 1sec, you can stomp on it and it just flies. Also, shifting out of first is best between 2500 and 3500 rpms, so this is really not great for digs in my experience. But if you can be driving in sport, downshift to S^3 doing around 40, you can pretty much hammer down the pedal to about 5200 - 5300 and then do the shifting I mentioned where you're not 100% off the gas when you press the button. It's really just timing the shift I guess, but it took me way too long I feel like to find the optimal shifting. I also try not to beat on the car, especially in sport with the paddles, and then definitely given the mileage I put on and plan to put on, so I don't go out and do any real dedicated testing driving the crap out of the car.

What would you say you've noticed in terms of the above information? This goes for anyone else too, I'm curious how people time their shifts and such with the CVT.
This is actually really similar to how I shift. I've got a PRL Cobra so letting off the gas gives it that sweet sweet blow off valve imitation. I basically let off the gas long enough to do a quick manual clutch and shift motion, about a 1 second period. Here's where I time my shifts in the RPMs and how much throttle I use in each gear (about how far down I push the pedal):

1st: Upshift to 2 @ 4500-5k (25-50% throttle)
2nd: Upshift to 3 @ 5000-5500 (25-50% throttle)
3rd: Upshift to 4 @ 5500-6k (50-70% throttle)
4th: Upshift to 5 at 6500k (75-100% throttle)
5th: Upshift to 6 @ 6500k (75-100% throttle)
6th: probably less idk

I've pulled all the way to right around 90-100mph on a highway ramp from about a 15 roll in first gear on a really good day with that. 3rd and 4th gear are really when the boost likes to hit in with these cars so I try to spend as much time in those gears as possible while still gunning up the speed.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
After months of delays thanks to other issue, have a K Tuner V2 arriving Tuesday, immediately buying the Phearable tune after I get the numbers I need off the unit.

Gonna play with the 21 base map til my tune gets sent to me (didn't buy the unit from Phearable got it from a buddy who hooked me up with a deal).
Sponsored