JoelYamagushi

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5T Civic CVT
Country flag
Hi all, i have recently installed the 1.5R tune from phearable onto my civic 1.5 turbo non si cvt which came with a PRL cobra cold air intake from the previous owner . During the 15 mins of driving around to put the ECU, the car felt really weird with weak accelerations and moving off. After the 15 mins i tried to do a couple of pulls, still weak acceleration and throttle not putting out any power. Going uphill out of a tunnel, the throttle cut off power completely and the engine light came on with completely no power from the throttle at all despite depressing on the throttle. I then pulled to the side and flashed it back to factory. i am suspecting that i had given the wrong MAF housing as i selected RACE MAF as i saw it was compatible on PRLs website. Another suspected issue could be the standard vs big bore? Has anyone faced this issue before? Please advise. Thank you
Sponsored

Tac3403

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T sedan 1.5T Cvt
Country flag
Hi all, i have recently installed the 1.5R tune from phearable onto my civic 1.5 turbo non si cvt which came with a PRL cobra cold air intake from the previous owner . During the 15 mins of driving around to put the ECU, the car felt really weird with weak accelerations and moving off. After the 15 mins i tried to do a couple of pulls, still weak acceleration and throttle not putting out any power. Going uphill out of a tunnel, the throttle cut off power completely and the engine light came on with completely no power from the throttle at all despite depressing on the throttle. I then pulled to the side and flashed it back to factory. i am suspecting that i had given the wrong MAF housing as i selected RACE MAF as i saw it was compatible on PRLs website. Another suspected issue could be the standard vs big bore? Has anyone faced this issue before? Please advise. Thank you
did you contact phearable??? that's 100% the first place I would go if it was that serious

OP
OP

JoelYamagushi

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5T Civic CVT
Country flag
did you contact phearable??? that's 100% the first place I would go if it was that serious
yes i am in contact with them. wanted to know if anyone has faced the same issue and how it could be resolved.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes i am in contact with them. wanted to know if anyone has faced the same issue and how it could be resolved.
So which MAF housing do you have? There is a size difference between the race and street MAF housing that could explain what's happening. I recently bolted in the 27Won CAI with street MAF, which is compatible with the OEM tune per 27Won. I had been running the Phearable 1.5R OEM tune during testing but saw a big change in the throttle response (sluggish, non-linear, etc.) Even with the street MAF, Phearable has a special 27Won tune available, which I already knew and purchased. The difference was night and day, so I imagine it would be even worse with the race MAF tune installed on a street or OEM MAF housing. Those are normally not compatible and cause stalling at idle speeds, etc.

Obviously the first step is flash it back to factory to see if that gets you running again, then I would verify which MAF housing you have and install that tune. I suspect you don't have a race MAF though.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
We have responded to your emails promptly.

Your experience is a direct result of you improperly specifying the maf housing you have installed.

You specified you have a prl race maf housing when you in fact have a prl street maf housing.

If you have anymore questions or need further support, please communicate with us via email only. We try to keep our communication channels limited emails only.
Sponsored