First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hello,

I know there are probably other threads that have discussed this topic, but I wanted to ask a specific question. I got a fully stock civic and was looking to order a ktuner as a first mod. And I am interested in purchasing a phearable tune since it's been so highly talked about.

I am currently debating on getting the free phearable 1.5 tune with the ktuner or should a pay the extra $49.99 and get the phearable 1.5R?

Not sure if the improvements warrants the upgrade on a so far stock civic
Sponsored

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never got the 1.5 phearable I just went straight to 1.5R for the extra horsepower and torque so far I love it and it's a major change from the stock ktuner base tunes. I recommend just going straight to the 1.5R beats paying $49.99 then 149.99 down the road if you wanna upgrade to it.

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never got the 1.5 phearable I just went straight to 1.5R for the extra horsepower and torque so far I love it and it's a major change from the stock ktuner base tunes. I recommend just going straight to the 1.5R beats paying $49.99 then 149.99 down the road if you wanna upgrade to it.
Forgot to mention I also got a CVT hatchback specifically the sport model

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Phearable 1.5R is the upgraded/better version of their 1.5. Artificial knock control is disabled on the 1.5R, some QOL tweaks were made, and all that is good for a few extra HP/TQ in the 1.5R.

Go with 1.5R over the regular 1.5. I'm a 1.5T CVT hatchback owner as well. I've run that tune for several thousand miles without issues, and I still get 35+mpg when not in the throttle.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The regular 1.5 tune from JV (Mr. Phearable) is fantastic. For a free tune, it can't be beat. It's potent yet smooth as butter.

But ... like the others have said, get the 1.5R. It's a no brainer as long as you have access to 93+ or quality 91 and some E85.

It's only ever so slightly more powerful than the regular 1.5; the artificial knock control rise removal is the key feature. It means repeatable power, pull after pull.

OP
OP

JsmilezFK7

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
The regular 1.5 tune from JV (Mr. Phearable) is fantastic. For a free tune, it can't be beat. It's potent yet smooth as butter.

But ... like the others have said, get the 1.5R. It's a no brainer as long as you have access to 93+ or quality 91 and some E85.

It's only ever so slightly more powerful than the regular 1.5; the artificial knock control rise removal is the key feature. It means repeatable power, pull after pull.
Since I live in Ontario, we do have access to 91 (shell) and plenty of 93/94 options

Definitely sold on the 1.5R now.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I live in Ontario, we do have access to 91 (shell) and plenty of 93/94 options

Definitely sold on the 1.5R now.
As long as you have 93, you won't regret it. It's a great tune! Skip the 91 gas though. Bad juju for the R Tune regardless of driving style.

Schwinn499

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I am considering this tune as well. I have 91 (in SoCal) and access to 100 octane race gas. Could I mix in some of the 100 to make up for not having 93?

Also, if I'm only able to get 91 for any reason would I be safe keeping the tune in map 1 for the duration until I was able to get higher octane fuel?

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
There's a thread floating around somewhere on the forum that has page after page talking about tunes, tuning and reliability. Can't remember the thread though. 🥴

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey man hows your cvt holding up? thinking about buying a ktuner v2 with phearable 1.5R for my hatch soon.
Hard to say honestly every car is different check out gtmans thread! Has alot of good info! But honestly I felt I could've pushed it more probably around 270ish probably more I felt the CVT going strong🤧. I'm waiting on my insurance to see where if my car is a total or not. Until then it's guessing

My goal is/was 300hp with 270tq probably less torque to be on the safe side.

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag