Phearable 1.5 R

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Agreed, new torque curve on the tsp+ is slightly lower around 2500-3000rpm. I believe these guys have everyone's best interests in mind in terms of reliability otherwise you'd be left with alot of dissatisfied customers as a majority people are OTS users it seems like.
Friendly advice, never assume a business gives a f*** about you. In the end, they only care about profits.

Also, you can always tune a car to make more power. Doing it safely is the hard part.

Having said all that, I'd still like to see a head-to-head of these tunes on the same dyno with the same type of fuel.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Friendly advice, never assume a business gives a f*** about you. In the end, they only care about profits.
Two sides to that coin. Sure, Phearable, TSP, KTuner and Hondata are businesses. And ultimately they want to make money, no doubt. But... and this is a real big but...

If they make an unsafe product that is causing failures left and right, that will definitely cut into their profits. That's why I believe they do tune conservatively.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Amazing gains with just the flash of a tune. I personally get enough satisfaction running the measly map 1 mode with the neutered boost @ 19.5psi. For me, it pulls great in 3rd gear and cracks a smile on my face every time especially with these colder temps we have right now. Can't wait to see some reviews of this new tune.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Two sides to that coin. Sure, Phearable, TSP, KTuner and Hondata are businesses. And ultimately they want to make money, no doubt. But... and this is a real big but...

If they make an unsafe product that is causing failures left and right, that will definitely cut into their profits. That's why I believe they do tune conservatively.
DRobs name is attached to the TSP tune, you can bet that he cares about customers having a reliable experience. Just look at how he updated the Stg2 tune to lower some torque at no cost to the people who had previously purchased it. He is pretty clear about what gas you should run though and I don't think this tune is for the masses that don't keep an eye on their car really well. I am willing to bet for more users they should just stick to the previous versions.

brendonsiX

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic SI
Country flag

Also, you can always tune a car to make more power. Doing it safely is the hard part.

Having said all that, I'd still like to see a head-to-head of these tunes on the same dyno with the same type of fuel.
Totally agree with you overall here in the world of business. But in this case and in my experience both tsp & phearable are both pretty active on these forums with replying to members or posting info. If they suddenly just start competing to bump power without concerns for reliability they'll take a big chance in ruining a well built relationship for future platforms. Again, dont disagree with you but these guys always include great advice with releases so I think a majority of potential errors is due to neglect or ignorance from owners. I'm just excited to see some more gains as I've been running 94 on their original tunes :)

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dyno power curve and actual numbers look great.

Interesting to see you increased the rev limit and nice discount on an upgrade too.

As an aside, anyone already in my tuning thread needs to add a new post showing they switched to the Phearable 1.5 R. Thanks.

Last edited:

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Hi, you mention increasing the rev limit to 6800rpm but dyno only shows up to 6300 or so. Does power actually hold towards the new redline?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Hi, you mention increasing the rev limit to 6800rpm but dyno only shows up to 6300 or so. Does power actually hold towards the new redline?
Power tapers after around 6200.
Peak horse power is from 4900-5200 rpms.
Peak torque is at 3900 rpms.

The raised limiter of 6800 is there for those who are road racing / auto crossing and need that extra few hundred rpms for certain driving scenarios.

You can still shift at 6500 if you choose to.

Kaulpenney

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have any other information on this new tune?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It literally just came out today lol. See post# 21
Yep. Plus that very post has a link to the tune's official information page.

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
Ah on the fence about it.
Ill have 93 here its all i ever use.
But currently its snowing so wont be able to test it out.

Also is this a complete reworked tune map 1, 2 and 3.
Or is it simply retuning map 3 for higher power?