Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You gotta wonder...are they just making it more unsafe or did they all discover something magical
I think what they are doing is upping power at higher rpm while maintaining safety down low. Plus I think these new tunes require top notch gas only.

brendonsiX

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic SI
Country flag
I think what they are doing is upping power at higher rpm while maintaining safety down low. Plus I think these new tunes require top notch gas only.
Agreed, new torque curve on the tsp+ is slightly lower around 2500-3000rpm. I believe these guys have everyone's best interests in mind in terms of reliability otherwise you'd be left with alot of dissatisfied customers as a majority people are OTS users it seems like. I just think its like you said, they optimized it for those people who have access to 93+ octane, pretty sweet for us in Toronto atleast as we get 94 easily but no e85 whatsoever...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, just a quick reminder.

If you add a different tune and you're in the tuning reliability thread, add a new post there.

When updating, you don't need to fill out a new survey, just fill in what's changed/new. Things like different tune used, additional miles driven, new mods, new tuning experience notes, etc.

Thanks again.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Not sure how I feel about these new tunes that seem to really be pushing the limits.... but it does make me feel better about running something like the original TSP tune. It's obvious that there was a bit more headroom which provides some extra margin for safety. Maybe I'll go for the new TSP tune at some point, but I'll need a new clutch before that.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
There's also been some headway made in what can be modified in the ECU. Which has led to these available gains. Hopefully they keep pushing deeper!

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully they do the same thing as TSP and allow users to upgrade at a discount!

I know that I should probably be getting a custom tune with 27won's TIP, but I want to wait until I upgrade my turbo+DP+FP before I go that route.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
lets goooo, now don't have to pay 150 for the TSP stage 1 + since im on phearable, hopefully it'll be a 75$ upgrade if you already have the tune

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just remember that these + and R tunes are going to require the highest quality gas you can get. My guess is that even on 93 you may need to splash in some E85 if you want to see .49 consistently.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Just remember that these + and R tunes are going to require the highest quality gas you can get. My guess is that even on 93 you may need to splash in some E85 if you want to see .49 consistently.
...good thing I have 94 available...
Sponsored