Phase 1 of my audio upgrade. (Updated, phase 3) 18HB Sport

rplush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
ACMs are great little amps. I love mine. I hope you're getting the enjoyment out of better sound throughout this whole process! It's a great feeling. The only thing i have to say about your install is 1. Mount your fuse to a much more stable platform. Fabricate a piece of ABS plastic that can be mounted on a factory bolt. 2 Doesn't the screw for your ACM units go straight through the floor? That panel where the wheel well is thin then its the road
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
ACMs are great little amps. I love mine. I hope you're getting the enjoyment out of better sound throughout this whole process! It's a great feeling. The only thing i have to say about your install is 1. Mount your fuse to a much more stable platform. Fabricate a piece of ABS plastic that can be mounted on a factory bolt. 2 Doesn't the screw for your ACM units go straight through the floor? That panel where the wheel well is thin then its the road
His fuse is fine, but yes having a stable mount is more optimal. Also there's nothing wrong with drilling a hold through the floor. Your car is filled with tons of little holes already.

OP
OP
Rycomm

Rycomm

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic HB Sport 6MT Aegean Blue, among others...
Country flag
Fuse is a mini anl, which is pretty vibration resistant, much more so than the glad agu fuses. It is secured to OEM wiring with a couple of wire ties. I'm not worried about it at all. If I would have mounted the amps to a rack/plate like I did the EQ/DSP, I'm not sure I would have had the clearance for the floor. Stainless screws could possibly slow rust/corrosion, but I'm not too worried about that either. I am planning on keeping this car long term, so hopefully the paint and sheet metal hold up.
Sponsored