tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
That's what I was looking for actually to see if it benefited in other areas.

Oh well 30 bucks and an easy job if I don't like it I'll ship it someone else that can try it lol
Do let us know what your impressions of them are though. I just personally feel that if there was something else that the mod improved someone would have mentioned it by now. But different people are different and use the car for different reasons.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Do let us know what your impressions of them are though. I just personally feel that if there was something else that the mod improved someone would have mentioned it by now. But different people are different and use the car for different reasons.
I push it pretty hard so will post and update :)

Xelanoit

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Iā€™ve had mine installed for about two weeks now and the NVH is definitely noticeable when the AC is on. Hoping there is a breaking period but nonetheless I can put up with it.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
im interested in buying these inserts myself

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I can say with 100% certainty that the Perrin inserts only have maybe 10-15% of the cabin vibration/resonance that my full replacement mount had. After having the inserts installed for quite some time now I honestly rarely even notice they are there at all. 150% happy with them.:beer:

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I jumped back and forth between the insert options between perrin and whiteline. Ordered the whiteline recently and is on backorder or 4-5 weeks which is no big deal to me. Only cost $20 with their recent discount code. Reading the feedback on the perrin I think the two are good options for people looking for mild upgrade.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 FK8, ā€˜19 XC60 R-Design, ā€˜17 ZL1, ā€˜02 SS
Country flag
I removed mine earlier today. I was getting a ton of rattle from the wastegate actuator. After driving around Iā€™m much happier with the stock mount.

Reactions: Myx

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I removed mine earlier today. I was getting a ton of rattle from the wastegate actuator. After driving around Iā€™m much happier with the stock mount.
Damn the stock mount with just inserts vibrated that much? Did you have the Perrin or Whiteline inserts?

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn the stock mount with just inserts vibrated that much? Did you have the Perrin or Whiteline inserts?
Perrin.

It did. I donā€™t care about extra resonance. But, the rattling noise from the turbo was completely unacceptable.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any noticable decrease in performance that makes you miss the benefits of the inserts?
No, actually. Iā€™m sure a hard launch will yield some wheel hop, but I donā€™t really do that anyway. (Have full bolts ons and Hondata)

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do explain said "turbo rattle"......
The linkage bar between the electric actuator and wastegate chatters. Makes a metal on metal sound that sounds like rattling keys. Thereā€™s a 15+ page thread about ā€œsaid turbo rattleā€ in the maintenance section.

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
The linkage bar between the electric actuator and wastegate chatters. Makes a metal on metal sound that sounds like rattling keys. Thereā€™s a 15+ page thread about ā€œsaid turbo rattleā€ in the maintenance section.
Exactly what I thought you were referring to.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
No, actually. Iā€™m sure a hard launch will yield some wheel hop, but I donā€™t really do that anyway. (Have full bolts ons and Hondata)
Very interesting, thanks for sharing this info. When did you start heading the rattle? Before the inserts? At what mileage? Maybe it coincided with some bolt-ons or the Hondata tune and the inserts exacerbated it, or maybe caused it?
Sponsored