Perrin "what to expect" motor mount inserts

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I’m assuming you mean silicone grease. I’ll probably pull them out and grease the inserts and insides real well. I don’t really get my keys to shake in my cup holder, it’s more of my entire dash shaking bad sometimes when my ac is near full blast if I’m parked or idling at a light. It vibrates bad sometimes and some days it’s completeLy fine and I have 0 issues.
I'll experiment and let you know - this is the grease that was recommended -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072378VGV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the link. I’ll be awaiting your response
So I've had the motor mount insert in for a bit now, and I'm not sure if it's the amount of O-Ring lubricant I put in there, but honestly the NVH's are pretty minimal to almost non existent.

Pros -

- I love how the car feels putting down power now, no jumping off the line

- I love the crisp overall feeling, I can't really describe it but it feels more planted? Grippy?

- Barely noticeable 99% of the time.

Cons -

- When cold, it is a bit more 'rumbly' but I wouldn't say it is 'shaking the dash'. More like an aggressive exhaust, tops, when cold?

- The only thing that sometimes 'annoys' me is the slight shudder on 1st gear tip-in. With the insert you need to give more gas for a smooth start, but that's not always possible. - Going up my driveway - slower moving traffic. Not a deal breaker, but is the only occasion when driving normally that I'm like 'oh yeah I have that in there'.

- Could see in stop and go traffic that the overall increase vibration may get a bit more noticeable if you have the AC cranked - but I don't hit that much long steady traffic so can't really say if this is a con - because it is infrequent. Also I found that if you're stopped, just turn off the AC for a second, then turn back on when you drive off if the NVH's while stopped bother you.

Overall I really like the addition and don't feel the NVH's should put others off from installing. That being said, I did put a LOT of O-RIng lube in there, not like an excessive amount, but I had all surfaces that were being inserted coated in a good thick coating I applied with my hand.

Happy motoring all-

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
So I've had the motor mount insert in for a bit now, and I'm not sure if it's the amount of O-Ring lubricant I put in there, but honestly the NVH's are pretty minimal to almost non existent.

Pros -

- I love how the car feels putting down power now, no jumping off the line

- I love the crisp overall feeling, I can't really describe it but it feels more planted? Grippy?

- Barely noticeable 99% of the time.

Cons -

- When cold, it is a bit more 'rumbly' but I wouldn't say it is 'shaking the dash'. More like an aggressive exhaust, tops, when cold?

- The only thing that sometimes 'annoys' me is the slight shudder on 1st gear tip-in. With the insert you need to give more gas for a smooth start, but that's not always possible. - Going up my driveway - slower moving traffic. Not a deal breaker, but is the only occasion when driving normally that I'm like 'oh yeah I have that in there'.

- Could see in stop and go traffic that the overall increase vibration may get a bit more noticeable if you have the AC cranked - but I don't hit that much long steady traffic so can't really say if this is a con - because it is infrequent. Also I found that if you're stopped, just turn off the AC for a second, then turn back on when you drive off if the NVH's while stopped bother you.

Overall I really like the addition and don't feel the NVH's should put others off from installing. That being said, I did put a LOT of O-RIng lube in there, not like an excessive amount, but I had all surfaces that were being inserted coated in a good thick coating I applied with my hand.

Happy motoring all-
Thanks for following up, I’ll definitely pull it out and apply o-ring lubricant on the rear motor mount and everything it comes into contact with. Sounds like just didn’t put enough the first time. I’m going to be taking a trip to WA from CA so the less vibrations on the road the better.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for following up, I’ll definitely pull it out and apply o-ring lubricant on the rear motor mount and everything it comes into contact with. Sounds like just didn’t put enough the first time. I’m going to be taking a trip to WA from CA so the less vibrations on the road the better.
When driving / at speed / in gear? It's smooth as stock imo good luck!

judah304

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I put the Perrins in last fall and have loved them. Up until now. If i let the car idle with A/C on it rattles so bad you can see the door mirror rattling. I am contemplating CTR or HardRacing RMM. First.....I might try running just one side of the perrin inserts and see what it does. ITS BAD

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I put the Perrins in last fall and have loved them. Up until now. If i let the car idle with A/C on it rattles so bad you can see the door mirror rattling. I am contemplating CTR or HardRacing RMM. First.....I might try running just one side of the perrin inserts and see what it does. ITS BAD
Wait to see @ValkenDnB post up if adding that O-Ring lubrication made a difference with his install.

But really you should get under there and check to make sure things are still tight and the bolts aren't loose - that's a ton of vibration for this minor insert so maybe something else is at play.

Post up if you resolve your issue!

judah304

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I am gonna remove tonight and either grease, remove 1/2 or all depending on if I see an issue. But i think the CTR or HardRacing may be a better happy medium for me. Just took a video on lunch but wont let me post. Rattles the glove box as well.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I am gonna remove tonight and either grease, remove 1/2 or all depending on if I see an issue. But i think the CTR or HardRacing may be a better happy medium for me. Just took a video on lunch but wont let me post. Rattles the glove box as well.
Are those ones less aggressive than the Perrin?

judah304

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
As far as I can tell yes. As they are rubber and not polyurethane like the perrin inserts. I know the CTR one is similar to the SI design just more stout. The hard racing looks to be one step more aggressive but still open and rubber should not transfer as much vibes.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
As far as I can tell yes. As they are rubber and not polyurethane like the perrin inserts. I know the CTR one is similar to the SI design just more stout. The hard racing looks to be one step more aggressive but still open and rubber should not transfer as much vibes.
So is the hard racing one theoretically more comfortable than the inserts?

judah304

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
As far as I’m reading on multiple reviews yes it seems as though the hard racing RMM is more compliant than the poly inserts.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As far as I’m reading on multiple reviews yes it seems as though the hard racing RMM is more compliant than the poly inserts.
Still think something is loose on yours bud - check it out sooner rather than later - I have nowhere close to the vibration levels you're describing ever.
Sponsored