Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried with AC and no AC and the AC on makes the vibrations. It's Florida, so no AC isn't an option.
Yeah but not even close to annoy you lol.There is 0 aftermarket rmm options that have 0 increase in nvh. Only thing you could do is window weld your rmm. This is literally the least amount of vibrations out of them all except for window welding.

EasyFrag

First Name
JOey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Good news and bad news. I did a quick update on the idle settings to the Ktuner dual maps and set the lowest on any of them to 950. Just sitting in my driveway idling, it seems to have taken away the vibration. Bad news is that I can't see a way to adjust idle in the TSP stage 1 tune I also have. Is that just not possible because they have locked out so many adjustments on it?

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good news and bad news. I did a quick update on the idle settings to the Ktuner dual maps and set the lowest on any of them to 950. Just sitting in my driveway idling, it seems to have taken away the vibration. Bad news is that I can't see a way to adjust idle in the TSP stage 1 tune I also have. Is that just not possible because they have locked out so many adjustments on it?
That’s probably why people have -10+LTFT with tsp and they are not able to adjust the maf scaling cuz everything is locked up like you said. I have maperformance tune and im able to adjust almost everything except for the boost table.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s probably why people have -10+LTFT with tsp and they are not able to adjust the maf scaling cuz everything is locked up like you said. I have maperformance tune and im able to adjust almost everything except for the boost table.
That's within factory range lol

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
I've noticed these past few weeks in Florida, on days it's really hot with high humidity during will sometimes vibrate a bit more. But that's only with the AC on, and it eventually smooths out.

Lunarsilver17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Just installed my FK8 RMM with Perrin Inserts on my Si and it feels amazing! Vibrations is very very subtle and barely feel it as it only happens in 1st gear take off and reverse. Had AC on to test the vibrations too and was the same as with it off which IMO is nothing.
So these fit with the si stock rmm or the ctr rmm?
Re EDIT: They do not fit. Now I wonder how this setup compares to the Hardrace rmm. Are the Perrin bushings flexible at all?

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So these fit with the si stock rmm or the ctr rmm?
EDIT: just saw your other posts, they do fit. Now I wonder how this setup compares to the Hardrace rmm. Are the Perrin bushings flexible at all?
No the Type R Rmm is different then the Si one. Perrin bushings are flexible since they are inserts lol. I accidentally bought the type r inserts from perrin and they didn't fit my stock Si rmm so I bought a used fk8 rmm for hella cheap and it's way better anyways. That is why Perrin on their website when purchasing asks whether it's for Type R or non Type R

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed mine yesterday, Added nvh is minimal at idle,I have my idle raised to 800 nvh is stock-like.
you feel more vibration during first gear take off, and 2nd gear start off (5-6mph) from rolling stop at stop sign. You have to adjust your throttle and clutch control compared to pre-installation of rmm insert( or any after market rmm in general. )

The drivability it’s great, more grip less wheel hops. responsiveness of the car is greatly improved. Great product!

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got these yesterday, installed them this evening and very pleased. It's a very simple install as the inserts fit perfectly on both sides of the mount. The install itself took about 35-40 minutes.

At idle the car does have some slight vibration with the AC on, but it's nothing that concerns me. With the AC off you would barely know it was there. Mind you I'm coming from messing with dsm's for many years with full poly mounts. While driving the vibration is non-existent IMO even with the AC on. The big change is how much more the car feels connected when shifting. That softness/floating feeling when shifting while you're driving normally is gone, making shifting feeling much more crisp. Full throttle shifting also has a more crisp feeling. The inserts themselves feel squishy but make a huge difference when inside the mount.

Just giving my feedback on this product I case anyone else has been contemplating it.

Overall very happy with my purchase, and would recommend.
I had this mount installed for nearly a 2 months now and at idle (2k miles later) i have this god aweful viberation with what sounds like metal banging around... so today I put it on the lift to see if something was loose... nothing at all... everything tightened to spec.... so i took the inserts out after all of the fine tune tweaks failed.... I have ZERO idea why I was hearing that noise... I could push on the bottom of the engine and it would quieten up so idk. Ill be getting the CRV mount to replace this stock SI mount.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
I have the Perrin RMM inserts in my garage and on the fence of installing.
I've noticed quite some engine movement (rocking) during everyday driving and the Perrin RMM should help with, but from what I hear, the whole vibrations from 1st gear and reverse I don't think is my cup of tea. I DD the SI and don't thrash on it, so I reason the benefits will not outweigh the cons in my situation.
Haven't opened the product yet, so I may return...

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I've noticed quite some engine movement (rocking) during everyday driving and the Perrin RMM should help with, but from what I hear, the whole vibrations from 1st gear and reverse I don't think is my cup of tea. I DD the SI and don't thrash on it, so I reason the benefits will not outweigh the cons in my situation.
I installed the inserts a few weeks ago. There is some increased NVH in reverse but it's not that bad and I rarely drive more than 1 - 2 miles per day in reverse. :rolleyes: Overall, I'm very happy with the inserts and as the install was relatively easy, why not just try them out yourself and sell them if you don't like them?

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had mine in for roughly two months.... I tried to like them, I STILL want to like them... but the vibrations you get with not only reverse, but the AC being on is just embarrassing. Its so bad man. Good news though, you can try it out, and take them back out.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I have the idle rised to 1000RPM because there where too much vibration with the AC on, now everything is smoother than stock.
Sponsored