Perrin rmm insert review

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I installed the inserts a few weeks ago. There is some increased NVH in reverse but it's not that bad and I rarely drive more than 1 - 2 miles per day in reverse. :rolleyes: Overall, I'm very happy with the inserts and as the install was relatively easy, why not just try them out yourself and sell them if you don't like them?
So I've noticed that since the weather got hotter, once the car itself has been driven for awhile, I'm getting a LOT of vibration at idle with the AC on. I'm going to check everything out and maybe relube the inserts. I just had my AC repaired under warranty and I was so worried that the dealer was going to notice my RMM inserts and claim that was the cause of the AC failure, so if I can't get the vibration to go away I'll have to take the inserts out and go with the CTR RMM instead. It's interesting how the vibrations don't seem to be affecting everyone equally.
Sponsored

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've noticed that since the weather got hotter, once the car itself has been driven for awhile, I'm getting a LOT of vibration at idle with the AC on. I'm going to check everything out and maybe relube the inserts. I just had my AC repaired under warranty and I was so worried that the dealer was going to notice my RMM inserts and claim that was the cause of the AC failure, so if I can't get the vibration to go away I'll have to take the inserts out and go with the CTR RMM instead. It's interesting how the vibrations don't seem to be affecting everyone equally.

Like I said in my post, It happened too me to, and its not the normal Vibration you should have with a mount, it almost sounds like a knocking right? Embarrassing as hell. I took mine out... after buying a second set from them lol... this time, I bought the 27WON street expecting it to be worse ... and man I SWEAR to you that it is so much more stiff and 10x less vibration. I should have just bought the race version ... any who, hope this helps.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I had bad vibrations with AC on when the compresor was working near max capacitry (very hot day + heatsoaked engine bay, tho it wasn't reproducible just sometimes) and stock idle speed. Once I rised idle to 1000rpm everything got smoother. Otherwise I'm very happy with the inserts.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I had bad vibrations with AC on when the compresor was working near max capacitry (very hot day + heatsoaked engine bay, tho it wasn't reproducible just sometimes) and stock idle speed. Once I rised idle to 1000rpm everything got smoother. Otherwise I'm very happy with the inserts.
That's exactly the conditions that produce mine. I guess I'll try the Ktuner base tune instead of the Phearable or TSP ones I have so that I can increase the idle speed.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
That's exactly the conditions that produce mine. I guess I'll try the Ktuner base tune instead of the Phearable or TSP ones I have so that I can increase the idle speed.
Drob increased the idle speed for me, ask and maybe can do it for you in the TSP.
Sponsored