Perrin Rear Motor Mount Inserts

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si
Country flag
Figured I'd just give my experience, just got them installed this morning if anyone else may of been hesitant.

First thing right away was the start up.. Its rough, Cold idle you feel it id say 20% more then without it.

Starting first gear normal.. Good amount of vibration.

Shifting gears is extremely solid and 10/10 big improvement.

Downshifts much smoother.

Idle... Warmed up is meh.. You feel it for sure in the wheel.

Idle + AC... If small vibrations drive you nuts, This will drive you nuts.

Overall I'm giving it a thumbs up..

I'll post an update over time maybe give them a bit to break in and give any good or bad news
Also install took 20 minutes and was pretty easy just need 17/10/19 MM wrench/ratchet. Flathead and a Philips screwdriver, Jack and jack stands.
I used the 19MM as a pry bar for the plastic cover but didn't need for anything else.

Ninja edit.. Most importantly wheel hop is gone, totally spaced it, being the main reason I got it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Figured I'd just give my experience, just got them installed this morning if anyone else may of be hesitant.

First thing right away was the start up.. Its rough, Cold idle you feel it id say 20% more then without it.

Starting first gear normal.. Good amount of vibration.

Shifting gears is extremely solid and 10/10 big improvement.

Downshifts much smoother.

Idle... Warmed up is meh.. You feel it for sure in the wheel.

Idle + AC... If small vibrations drive you nuts, This will drive you nuts.

Overall I'm giving it a thumbs up..

I'll post an update over time maybe give them a bit to break in and give any good or bad news
Also install took 20 minutes and was pretty easy just need 17/10/19 MM wrench/ratchet. Flathead and a Philips screwdriver, Jack and jack stands.
I used the 19MM as a pry bar for the plastic cover but didn't need for anything else.
It will get better and/or you’ll rip your hair out with the noise.
AC will make it very loud in the bad heat.
It is a nice improvement in shifting though.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It will get better and/or you’ll rip your hair out with the noise.
AC will make it very loud in the bad heat.
It is a nice improvement in shifting though.
+1
The AC vibrations in the summer drove me crazy, otherwise I agree that the shifts were more crisp.

I recently swapped out to the OEM CTR RMM and I can feel that it's not as stiff as the Si RMM+Perrin inserts. It did eliminate that violent vibration when the AC was on and engine idling.

I'd say the CTR RMM is 20% stiffer than Si RMM. And the Si RMM+Perrin inserts is 30-40% stiffer than stock Si RMM.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It will mellow out over time. The 1.5L seems to make a bit more vibration than the K20C1 but I could hardly notice the Perrins after they broke in.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It will mellow out over time. The 1.5L seems to make a bit more vibration than the K20C1 but I could hardly notice the Perrins after they broke in.
How long did it take? I had the Perrin inserts in my Si for over 1 year / 13k miles and it had just as much vibration with the AC cranking since day one!

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Not very long for me. Maybe its just the 1.5L mount. I sold my stock mount with the inserts installed to a guy with an Si and he said it didn't have much increase in vibration.
Sponsored