Perrin Pedal Relocate

dabearshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
for those with the Perrin pedal relocate, is it absolutely necessary to shave the one bolt? And which pedal placement do you prefer position 1 or 2. Thanks!
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Have you thought about getting the Acuity one? I have that and it required no shaving and I have three pedal locations to choose from.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Have you thought about getting the Acuity one? I have that and it required no shaving and I have three pedal locations to choose from.
How much more comfortable is it? Stock distance between brake and throttle SUCK lol

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
How much more comfortable is it? Stock distance between brake and throttle SUCK lol
It's fantastic, it really does make a difference. It was the first mod I did and I believe I have mine set to setting B. I think I tried C as that was most commonly for others.

OP
OP
dabearshark

dabearshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I already purchased one got it for cheap. I don't mind shaving the bolt, just wondering if its 100% needed.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I already purchased one got it for cheap. I don't mind shaving the bolt, just wondering if its 100% needed.
Based on the instructions and placement I've seen, yes, it is required. Doesn't seem to matter though because they state that there is still enough thread left to go back to stock.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
It's fantastic, it really does make a difference. It was the first mod I did and I believe I have mine set to setting B. I think I tried C as that was most commonly for others.
Most definitely have to invest in one lol. Practically impossible to heel toe with stock pedals lol

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yes it is necessary. If you don't trim it, then the accelerator pedal will end up angled in a way that will make heel-and-toe even more complicated.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I used a die grinder with a small cutoff wheel. I draped a towel in there to catch the sparks. The studs have a conical head on them that needed to be cut off for my DIY pedal reposition. My modification doesn't move the pedal laterally , only out from the firewall 24mm.