PERRIN Intercooler for the Type-R (Test Results Inside)

Ctr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 12 Speed 3, 03 IS300, 94 EG, 08 Highlander
Country flag
Good eye!!
What you are seeing is a prototype engine oil cooler and transmission cooler. I am not sure we will end up making the tranny cooler version. I have found that under extreme conditions, that adding an engine oil cooler helps relieve enough stress from the radiator's cooling duties that the tranny cooler may not be needed. Then adding an additional cooling method (being vague on purpose) for the engine seems to eliminate that need. But we have the parts to be able to build them and it is something we could be if someone asks. Then engine oil cooler kit is all done and just wrapping up some instructions, then you will see the launch very soon.

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward for the oil cooler release and testing data.
Sponsored

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
When could we expect a radiator with an actually larger cooling capacity, unlike what we have offered from koyo and full race, which seem more like oem replacement and don't give better cooling over oem when on track?

OP
OP
PERRIN_Jeff

PERRIN_Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for the update. I am looking forward for the oil cooler release and testing data.
Very soon! I wish we had more track data and abuse, but we have been running this for about a year now!

When could we expect a radiator with an actually larger cooling capacity, unlike what we have offered from koyo and full race, which seem more like oem replacement and don't give better cooling over oem when on track?
I think we have a good grasp on this, and something to look for in the coming months.

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
I don’t see an intercooler piping kit to go with your awesome intercooler on your website, is there one in development?

OP
OP
PERRIN_Jeff

PERRIN_Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
We do not have anything in development yet. Before we get there, we need to prove that it actually makes power. The only pipe that really appears to be an issue is the one at the throttle body with that sharp bend. But we will be working on something, it may just be a next year kind of thing. Keep an eye out!

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
We do not have anything in development yet. Before we get there, we need to prove that it actually makes power. The only pipe that really appears to be an issue is the one at the throttle body with that sharp bend. But we will be working on something, it may just be a next year kind of thing. Keep an eye out!
Just ordered an intercooler today, I saw mention of the chance of a black powder coated option. Any chance of being able to get one? I think it would look great with white PERRIN across a black core. :cool:

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Just installed the Perrin IC. Fitment was great. I cut the bumper plastic pieces as instructed. Had quite a bit of trouble getting bottom of bumper into place because the intercooler takes up so much space. There is not much wiggle room. Got it for $488 shipped from emnotek on April 1st. Looking at some 4th gear pull datalogs, the charge air is cooler at the end of the pull than at the beginning of the pull so its doing its job wonderfully. This was with outside air temps of 55F. Overall Im very happy with it.
Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Intercooler for the Type-R (Test Results Inside) 1AE04C70-5552-47A8-9355-AC39EA68A520
Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Intercooler for the Type-R (Test Results Inside) 2759E5C1-FAB4-4128-8E6D-0A9E5E3C520E
Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Intercooler for the Type-R (Test Results Inside) 666DE1D9-1536-4C88-89A4-048E7387F979
Honda Civic 10th gen PERRIN Intercooler for the Type-R (Test Results Inside) 4F11C337-18ED-489B-B7B1-86A5A9D05458

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Just installed the Perrin IC. Fitment was great. I cut the bumper plastic pieces as instructed. Had quite a bit of trouble getting bottom of bumper into place because the intercooler takes up so much space. There is not much wiggle room. Got it for $488 shipped from emnotek on April 1st. Looking at some 4th gear pull datalogs, the charge air is cooler at the end of the pull than at the beginning of the pull so its doing its job wonderfully. This was with outside air temps of 55F. Overall Im very happy with it.
1AE04C70-5552-47A8-9355-AC39EA68A520.jpeg
2759E5C1-FAB4-4128-8E6D-0A9E5E3C520E.jpeg
666DE1D9-1536-4C88-89A4-048E7387F979.jpeg
4F11C337-18ED-489B-B7B1-86A5A9D05458.jpeg
I don’t suppose that deal is still available ?

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
What r the dimensions of 27won? I wouldn't want any bigger in square inches than this so as not to block too much air flow to the radiator. I think that this IC is very well thought out as far as size goes. Not too thick to maintain cooling efficiency and not too big to block off the radiator. The prl one I think is also very well thought out. I chose this one due to the deal that popped up

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What r the dimensions of 27won? I wouldn't want any bigger in square inches than this so as not to block too much air flow to the radiator. I think that this IC is very well thought out as far as size goes. Not too thick to maintain cooling efficiency and not too big to block off the radiator. The prl one I think is also very well thought out. I chose this one due to the deal that popped up
Width is the same as oem. Height is 7.95 and thickness is 3.7

NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Bought this one and it doesn't fit the Australian spec FK8. Unfortunately here in Australia we have a different bumper frame. Wasted my time removing my bumper.