Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ebay Amazon unity jims custom fab etc
I ended up opting for Spoon’s kit because I didn’t trust the manufacturing source of others. Costs more, but I knew they were legit. Fit my coupe just fine.
Sponsored

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I rounded off both sides of the inserts so that its not fully touching the subframe. I feel like this helps lessen NVH. speaking of insert I just found this and Im gonna try this out. front control arm - rear bushing insert from whiteline. small little upgrade for 40 bucks if it works, great if it doesnt, oh well.

Honda Civic 10th gen Pernin inserts question 0002ded

Last edited:

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a type R rmm on my civic and just put in the pernin inserts on it and wow what a difference. For $30 it's seriously worth it aside from the ungodly chassis rumble at 950 RPM. I have a CVT and when I idle forward the car vibrates like an earthquake. But aside from that I feel virtually no difference in NVH. Not at full stop idle, not while driving, not while in park. Is there a break in period for these inserts and this aggressive rumble will soon fade? I might have gone past the torque spec on the 17mm bolt but idk if that would make a huge difference. Any input on how to manage that 950rpm earth quake or is that just the nature of these inserts? If it is I'm not bothered, it's definitely helped wheel hop.
Im running the 27won race mount and the nvh is pretty loud Im used to it though it peaks at 2k rpm the loudest.

that is from the stiffer rubber in the insert your pretty much stuck with it just turn your music up n smile haha

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I've got around 200 miles on mine and there's still noticeable NVH in 1st gear when taking off. I'd really hate to have to go back to stock Type R mounts, but after driving around for a while, it does get quite annoying. Keeps setting off my dashcam's impact sensor too lol.
Sponsored