Pernin inserts question

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe (1.5T)
Country flag
I have a type R rmm on my civic and just put in the pernin inserts on it and wow what a difference. For $30 it's seriously worth it aside from the ungodly chassis rumble at 950 RPM. I have a CVT and when I idle forward the car vibrates like an earthquake. But aside from that I feel virtually no difference in NVH. Not at full stop idle, not while driving, not while in park. Is there a break in period for these inserts and this aggressive rumble will soon fade? I might have gone past the torque spec on the 17mm bolt but idk if that would make a huge difference. Any input on how to manage that 950rpm earth quake or is that just the nature of these inserts? If it is I'm not bothered, it's definitely helped wheel hop.
Sponsored

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
There’s people here that have gotten terrible nvh with the inserts and others that were completely fine. If you didn’t use all the grease when you put them in I would try that and then torque it to spec. If it persists then I would say either run the type r rmm itself or get the cvt rmm from 27won.

OP
OP
Edaw

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe (1.5T)
Country flag
There’s people here that have gotten terrible nvh with the inserts and others that were completely fine. If you didn’t use all the grease when you put them in I would try that and then torque it to spec. If it persists then I would say either run the type r rmm itself or get the cvt rmm from 27won.
Are you aware of any kind of break in period?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
my hasport full mount took a good 2k miles before the nvh stabilized. I assume the perrin stuff will be the same. You'll definitely still feel it at 950rpm most likely after break in but it should be a bit less of an earthquake after a few thousand miles.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IME…. Initially I was in shock at the NVH. AC running is worse. I basically saw it go away after a few hundred miles. But I also installed my exhaust the same day so the drone was mind numbing for a while.Then I went through three other RMM options to the Hasport 82A’s I have now. So I’ve seen all of them.
Yes for $30, the inserts are actually the cheapest mod I’ve done since then.
Wheel hop is a bitch to fight!

Greasing them at install will help a little bit but it is necessary.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a type R rmm on my civic and just put in the pernin inserts on it and wow what a difference. For $30 it's seriously worth it aside from the ungodly chassis rumble at 950 RPM. I have a CVT and when I idle forward the car vibrates like an earthquake. But aside from that I feel virtually no difference in NVH. Not at full stop idle, not while driving, not while in park. Is there a break in period for these inserts and this aggressive rumble will soon fade? I might have gone past the torque spec on the 17mm bolt but idk if that would make a huge difference. Any input on how to manage that 950rpm earth quake or is that just the nature of these inserts? If it is I'm not bothered, it's definitely helped wheel hop.
I know for the manuals it takes a good hundred miles to break them in but dont know about cvt prob the same

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I know for the manuals it takes a good hundred miles to break them in but dont know about cvt prob the same
it'll be the same, the material just needs to move around to break in.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
IME…. Initially I was in shock at the NVH. AC running is worse. I basically saw it go away after a few hundred miles. But I also installed my exhaust the same day so the drone was mind numbing for a while.Then I went through three other RMM options to the Hasport 82A’s I have now. So I’ve seen all of them.
Yes for $30, the inserts are actually the cheapest mod I’ve done since then.
Wheel hop is a bitch to fight!

Greasing them at install will help a little bit but it is necessary.
You should check out the whiteline anti lift kit works wonders for wheel hop

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should check out the whiteline anti lift kit works wonders for wheel hop
Ten 4
I have been on those for about a year now. I have to do the rigid collars sometime this spring as well. They have benein my garage for a minute.